New Destiny’s mission is to end the cycle of violence for low-income families and individuals experiencing homelessness and domestic violence by connecting them to safe, permanent housing and services. To achieve its mission, New Destiny builds and manages housing with on-site services; offers innovative programs that assist survivors in finding and retaining affordable housing and expands access to permanent housing resources for survivors.
Housing Stability Services is a new unit born out of the recognition that securing permanent housing is the first goal but maintaining housing and thriving is equally as important. The households placed in permanent housing by New Destiny’s rapid rehousing program, HousingLink, or into New Destiny’s supportive and affordable buildings, would benefit from additional resources to: (1) strengthen their ability to access housing; (2) help sustain their housing security and (3) create pathways to long term stability and growth.
New Destiny Housing is seeking a Resource Coordinator to join the Housing Stability Services team and provide supportive services and manage referrals for HousingLink participants. The qualified candidate will report directly to the Senior Resource Coordinator and have the following responsibilities:
· Conduct needs assessment for survivors referred by Housing Access team who are seeking supportive services and aftercare.
· Manage internal referrals to Health and Wellness Coaches and Financial Coaches as appropriate and conduct case conferences with colleagues as appropriate.
· In coordination with Housing Access staff, assist participants utilizing rental assistance in determining the type and amount of rental assistance needed to support the transition to permanent housing.
· Facilitate workshops and orientations alongside Housing Access and Stability Services colleagues to meet the needs of participants and partner agencies.
The ideal candidate will:
· Have at least 3+ years of experience working in the fields of domestic violence or related social services and bachelor’s degree in social work or related field. Lived experience with domestic violence and/or housing insecurity will be considered equally to professional and educational experience
· Have professional proficiency in one of the ten designated citywide languages (strong preference)
· Be responsible, flexible, a self-starter and able to work independently
· Be an excellent oral and written communicator
· Have experience in interacting with people from diverse backgrounds
· Be familiar with local and federal housing subsidies (CityFHEPS, FHEPS, Section 8, etc.)
· Be comfortable traveling within NYC as needed to provide support to participants and HousingLink activities
New Destiny is committed to the safety of all employees, tenants and clients within our organization and programs. In accordance with New York City’s vaccine mandate for the City workforce and employees of organizations with human services contracts, this position requires candidates to provide proof of being fully vaccinated or evidence of starting the process of becoming fully vaccinated before beginning their employment. This organization will consider accommodation for bona fide medical or a sincerely held religious, moral, or ethical belief.
New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, and/or transgender, and survivors or people with lived experience are encouraged to apply.
Starting salary is in the range of low to mid $50,000s. Competitive benefits.
A hybrid model allowing for work from home days will be available for this position; in-office days may be at an office in Brooklyn, Bronx or Queens.
Email resume and cover letter to New Destiny at [email protected] including “Resource Coordinator” in the subject line.
New Destiny Housing Corporation
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org