|Job Sectors:||Human Services|
Founded in 1994, New Destiny Housing Corporation is a New York City non-profit with the mission of ending the cycle of violence for low-income families and individuals at risk of homelessness and domestic violence by connecting them to safe, permanent housing and services. To achieve our mission, we build and manage permanent, affordable housing with on-site services; offer innovative programs that empower domestic violence survivors to find and retain affordable housing; and educate and advocate to expand access to permanent housing resources for low-income families.
Currently, New Destiny owns and operates seven residential buildings with half of the units set aside for domestic violence survivors and their children. Recognizing that access to permanent housing is the cornerstone of long-term well-being, each building has a support system incorporated into its operations. The Family Support Program is comprised of an experienced social service team that works to connect our families to the care they need, when they need it by tapping into internal expertise as well as leveraging external resources in the community. This includes tutoring for children, employment coaching for tenants, physical and emotional health referrals, and community building events.
In 2021, New Destiny is poised to open three new buildings, including two joint venture projects which will yield 183 new units designated for domestic violence survivors currently in shelter. With this substantial growth, New Destiny seeks a Regional Director to oversee the Family Support Program in Brooklyn and Queens. This leader is highly collaborative, fast-paced, and nimble; they are responsible for forging new networks and maintaining relationships with existing partners. New Destiny values a hands-on and relationship-based partnership and service delivery style.
The ideal candidate for the position will be innovative and passionate about improving the lives of domestic violence survivors and their children. They will be responsible for overseeing the strategy, planning, and implementation of developing a team for each of the two, large joint ventures. They will capably interface with senior leaders in government agencies, and community-based organizations, and will lead the team to ensure successful onboarding of clinical and community resources into the buildings. We are looking for a committed leader and inspiring presenter with a knack for building trust and buy-in who has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the social services space.
This position reporst directly to the Deputy Executive Director.
- Develop and lead a team to support tenants moving into the new buildings.
- Collaborate with existing Family Support Program staff to learn/share best practices and partners.
- Work with the Leasing Coordinator to ensure tenants in the new buildings move in within forecasted time frames and within the scope of the project budget.
- Coordinate with team on contract deliverables and ensure feedback loop to affected parties.
- Assist in developing operating budget for personnel service (PS) and other than personnel services (OTPS).
- Monitors variance activity monthly and work closely with the Deputy Executive Director and the Finance team to modify budget as necessary.
- Surface emerging trends and tenant needs and work with leadership to develop potential solutions.
Program Strategy and Oversight
· Implement policies and procedures for the effective and efficient delivery of services in compliance with funding requirements and agency Quality Assurance standards.
- Actively participate in the quality assurance program for tenant care and staff performance.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with third party property managers to mitigate rental arrears and collaborate on resolving tenant issues.
- Work with other members of leadership to develop, monitor, and evaluate program plans to make sure individual needs are met.
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement measures to achieve program goals.
- Provide leadership, coaching, performance evaluations, staff education, and ongoing staff training.
- Cultivate positive relationships with appropriate funding and monitoring entities, social service providers, and other community partners.
- Serve as liaison between New Destiny and major partners while assisting in the resolution of escalated client issues.
- Monitor the success of partnerships and ultimate tenant satisfaction.
- Manage and participate in high-level presentation, conference, and public relations requests.
- Actively seek new information about legislation, new social service housing programs, service delivery models and initiatives relevant to DV survivors.
- A passionate, highly motivated leader who sets their team up for success and expects great results.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work and/or deep knowledge of the healthcare/nonprofit landscape.
- At least 10 years of experience working with low income individuals and//or families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness because of domestic violence.
- A minimum of 5 years leading a large and successful team with a proven track record of assisting clients navigate complex service systems.
- Skilled in managing complex projects and implementations with organization and confidence.
- Emotionally intelligent – you speak with candor and authenticity and you know your audience.
- An excellent written and oral communicator– you present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are strongly encouraged to apply. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Email resume and cover letter to New Destiny at [email protected] including “Regional Director” in the subject line.
New Destiny Housing Corp