|Job Sectors:||Health, Human Services|
New Alternatives for Children (NAC) is an award-winning child welfare agency with 35 years of experience exclusively serving children with complex, chronic medical conditions and co-occurring mental health challenges and their families. NAC operates an on-site Comprehensive Healthcare Center that includes Article 31 and Article 28 clinics and delivers a range of integrated, interdisciplinary medical and mental health services. The organization is located in midtown Manhattan with a satellite office in the Bronx. The hallmark of the agency is assuring quality, professional and strength – based services to children and families involved in the child welfare system.
Title of Position: Licensed Psychologist
Position Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Pay Range: Based on Experience
Location: 37 West 26th Street NY, New York 10010
The licensed psychologist is incorporated into the psychology department of NAC’s Mental Health department, located at 37 W.26th Street, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10010. There are opportunities to work in the satellite clinic in the Bronx, 1775 Grand Concourse, and Bronx NY 10453, if desired.
“Currently staff within the mental health clinic are working in a hybrid mode due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with a combination of in person and remote work.”
Description of Responsibilities:
· The position entails a combination of clinical service provision, consultation to other professionals within the agency, supervision and training. Clinical experiences may be tailored to the expertise and interest of the psychologist. The licensed psychologist:
· Provides individual, family, and collateral psychotherapy sessions to children, adolescents and adults in NAC’s Mental Health Clinic;
· Provides psychological and developmental evaluations;
· Participates in NAC’s Building Blocks parent-child bonding program, providing dyadic therapy using a mentalization-based treatment modality;
· Conducts intake assessments and diagnostic interviews;
· Completes required documentation including progress notes and treatment plans;
· Acts as a psychological consultant to staff within NAC’s child welfare programs (i.e. Prevention and Foster Care);
· Provides consultation to foster care staff and clinical care to children with foster care involvement as part of the Article 29I;
· Provides supervision to psychology trainees;
· Participates as part of the Psychology Training Committee (i.e. takes part in psychology internship and externship recruitment, evaluation of trainees, evaluation of the internship/externship programs, etc.);
· Provides didactic training to psychology trainees and/or to NAC staff.
· Receives approximately two hours of supervision weekly provided by licensed psychologists, one hour provided by the Director of Psychological Services, and one hour provided by psychological consultants to the Building Blocks program.
· Participates in bi-monthly group supervision with licensed psychologists at NAC.
· Candidates for the licensed psychologist position must hold a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical, Applied Developmental, School, Counseling Psychology or closely related area from an accredited graduate psychology program.
· Priority will be given to candidates familiar with administration of the ADOS-2 or other autism assessment measures.
· NYS License in Psychology is required.
· Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
· Candidates should have experience working with populations that represent a range of backgrounds and clinical presentations, and should have some experience with children with developmental or medical disabilities.
New Alternatives for Children, Inc.
- 37 West 26th Street
- Mahattan, New York 10010
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com