Manager, Employer Partnerships
Matriculate’s mission is to empower high-achieving high school students from low-income backgrounds to make the leap to our nation’s top colleges and universities. Our vision is that one day all the best students in America will have access to and be supported at top colleges—regardless of their income or background—which will give them a unique opportunity to change the trajectory of their lives and the lives of their families.
Matriculate empowers teams of undergraduates to provide free virtual college advising to high-achieving high school juniors and seniors from low-income backgrounds. Equipped with more than 50 hours of training, undergraduate Advising Fellows provide the information, guidance, and support that these high school students need to apply to, gain admission at, and excel in the best institutions. Matriculate is working to build an America in which all talented students have a fair shot at top colleges and universities long reserved primarily for the elite.
Matriculate is a founding partner of Bloomberg Philanthropies’ college access and success initiative called CollegePoint, which aims to help as many as 65,000 students to apply to, enroll in, and graduate from the best colleges and universities.
Matriculate is committed to partnering with communities of staff, high school students, and undergraduate Advising Fellows to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization. We seek to build a team that is active in contributing to advancing and sustaining a culture in which all lived experiences are welcome.
Matriculate seeks an entrepreneurial candidate with sales and partnership experience to join as the founding Manager of Employer Partnerships. The Manager of Employer Partnerships will cultivate, refine, evaluate, and grow Matriculate’s emerging employer partnerships that connect the organization’s talented advisors and students to jobs, internships, and professional development opportunities, while earning revenue for the organization. This role will also support and develop Matriculate’s earned revenue opportunities across the organization, including as a vendor in the college access space.
A successful candidate will be excited to develop a new line of revenue and impact, be highly strategic and relational, and have strong values and mission alignment. The position will report to the Director of Revenue and collaborate closely with the program team to develop strategies and student-facing programs that aligns with Matriculate’s culture, values, and program goals.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Generate earned revenue from employer and vendor partnerships
- Refine, grow, and evaluate employer partnerships that are mission-aligned and revenue generatin
- Collaborate with Program team to develop a strategy to form paid partnerships from employers and other vendors; identify opportunities for unpaid partnerships
- Refine and codify partnership offerings and levels of investment
- Develop student-facing programming to meet partnership goals
- Serve as the key point of contact for partnerships
- Develop student-facing programs, events, and materials in coordination with partners and handling all logistics
- Identify, cultivate, and support other earned revenue opportunities across the organization
Project management and evaluation
- Identify, steward, progress, and track new partnership prospects
- Develop and track KPIs for partnerships
- Report outcomes and program progress
- Refine and create collateral pitch materials
- Identify methods and moments to communicate the impact of Matriculate’s employer and paid partnerships to generate awareness and brand consistency
The ideal candidate will have:
- A deep commitment to Matriculate’s mission and organizational values.
- Workforce development program building
- A bachelor’s degree
- Two or more years of professional experience with demonstrated success ideally in:
- Partnership building
- Recruiting, HR, or a related field
- Project management or startup experience
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and communicating data/program outcomes
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail to support effective project execution
- Familiarity using various remote communication applications including Zoom, Google Hangout, and Skype.
- Salesforce, Airtable, or other CRM experience is a plus
New York, NY. Matriculate’s staff are currently remote until we are able to safely re-open a physical office in 2022. When we do reopen, all staff will be hybrid, working remotely and in person.
Salary range of $65,000- $74,750, commensurate with experience. In addition, Matriculate offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Submit an email with the following details and attachments to [email protected]
- Update the subject line to: “Manager, Employer Partnerships – [your name]”
- Attach PDF versions of your cover letter, resume, and a nonfiction writing sample
Applications that are not submitted in accordance with these instructions or are missing documents will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the role is filled.
Matriculate is committed to partnering with communities of staff, high school students, and undergraduate Advising Fellows to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization. We seek team members who will be active contributors to advancing and sustaining a culture in which all lived experiences are welcome.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
- New York, NY