Grant Writer Consultant
Literacy Partners is looking for a seasoned writer with experience in grants and proposals who can work with the Chief Program Officer and CEO to identify and write funding proposals for existing and new programs.
Compensation: 8-10 hours a week as needed; hourly rate DOE, approximately $75.00 an hour.
SUMMARY: Responsible for drafting and submitting Letters of Inquiry for foundation, corporate and government grants; drafting language for proposals and reports; and updating progress in Foundation Tracker. Requests will be for both general operating support as well as program and project-specific requests.
- Draft and Submit Letters of Inquiry and proposals as requested by CPO and CEO
- Assist CPO with gathering supporting documents and attachments for proposals
- Assist with drafting language for reports
- Edit and proofread content
- Perform prospect research on new foundation, corporate and government grant opportunities
- Assist with other development and communications as necessary and able
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals quickly to meet internal and external deadlines
- Strong editing and proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Minimum of two years’ experience with proposal writing and a track record of successful grant applications
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
How to apply:
Send resume and brief cover letter to [email protected] Put “Grant Writer, contract” with your full name in the subject line. Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Literacy Partners is committed to diversity and is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org