Program Manager, Liz Smith Center
Literacy Partners strengthens families through a two-generation approach to education. With our free classes, community-based workshops, and educational media, low income and immigrant parents can develop the literacy and language skills they need to help their children thrive. Our research-based curriculum incorporates child development and parent support to help parents boost their children’s early reading, school readiness and health and wellness.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who believes in our mission and is able to work with a dynamic and talented team to develop and grow our literacy and language programs in the Liz Smith Center https://literacypartners.org/our-classes). In particular, the Program Manager will manage the operations of our robust volunteer program and our Basic Literacy program, as well as work with the entire team to support daily operations and project management.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Recruit and manage volunteers for all programs at Literacy Partners, including all intake, registration and onboarding in Salesforce
- Manage logistics of Basic Literacy program, including recruitment, assessment and scheduling of students and tutors in Salesforce
- Support CPO and other Project Managers in Liz Smith Center with daily operations, including mailing, clerical and data entry as needed
Preferred Skills and Requirements
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience and a record of positive results.
- Skilled managing people and systems creatively and efficiently
- Excellent oral and written communications skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Strong digital communications skills, including database and project management software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google suite
- Professional demeanor, good judgment, and the ability to work independently, but collaboratively, in a goal-oriented team environment.
- Well-organized, motivated and able to work independently
Compensation: DOE And excellent benefits
- 20 vacation days, 3 personal days, 11 holidays (and up to 7 additional paid days off)
- Excellent medical, vision and dental plan
- Employer-matched contributions and retirement plan
How to apply:
Send resume and brief cover letter to [email protected] Please include acceptable salary range in cover letter. Put “Operations Manager, Liz Smith Center” with your full name in the subject line. Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis until the position is filled with a start date in January 2021.
Literacy Partners is committed to diversity and is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org