Director of Development
|Job Sectors:||Human Services|
Job Path helps people with autism and other developmental disabilities find jobs, live in their own homes and become part of community life. Established in 1978 by the Vera of Institute of Justice to find ways to help people with developmental disabilities move into the workforce, Job Path was one of the first programs of its kind in the country. Today Job Path is well-known for its excellent outcomes and focus on innovation.
Job Path is seeking a part-time Director of Development to join our fundraising and development team. The Director of Development will work with the executive director and other Job Path staff on all matters related to fundraising and communications.
Specific duties include:
- Working with/advising Job Path’s executive director, board development committee and development team on strategies for increasing individual contributions and other private revenues
- Setting up/monitoring an annual calendar of fundraising events and appeals
- Developing/implementing a strategy for attracting corporate sponsorships/donors
- Overseeing the fundraising database and analyzing data to further Job Path’s development effort
- Recommending ways to improve/expand data collection
- Crafting e-mail and mail appeals
- Working with the development team, create an annual report highlighting the year’s achievements
- Interacting with Job Path staff to obtain stories/material for email, social media, website
- Assisting with all aspects of Job Path’s annual benefit, and other events and cultivation and stewardship of donors
- Vetting venues and platforms for events and virtual events/negotiating contract terms
- Accompanying the executive director to meetings with donors and supporters
- Drafting agendas for development committee meetings/development report at the board meeting/communications with development committee and presenting to those groups as required
- Working with Job Path’s program advisor on foundation research and grant writing
- Working with Job Path’s social media advisor to contribute to social media activities
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and six years of experience in fundraising and development.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and analyze fundraising data.
- Demonstrated ability in development of corporate sponsorships/donors
- Ability to cultivate and steward relationships with donors and prospects.
- Candidates under consideration will be required to submit a writing sample.
Compensation: $71.42/hr, exempt
Benefits: Work/Life Assistance Program (EAP), ability to contribute to pre-tax commuter and medical FSA plans, 403b retirement plan with employer match after completion of two years of service
Health, dental, and enhanced short term disability insurance available to employees who average 28 hours of work per week after a six month measurement period.
To Apply: Job Path seriously reviews all application materials with an emphasis on the content of the cover letter. Please submit your resume and cover letter via our jobs board. Deadline to apply is May 13, 2021.
Or, send via fax to 212-921-5342 or mail to:
Attn: Hiring Manager
256 West 38th Street 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10018
*Please note: Only applicants we feel meet requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview. No calls please. Please choose one method of submission.
**Job Path is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on races, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, employment, or citizenship status.**
- 256 West 38th Street Floor 2
- New York, NY 10018
- Phone: 2129440564
To apply for this job please visit jobpathnyc.applytojob.com.