Project Manager, Energy Fit
IMPACCT Brooklyn is seeking an enthusiastic Energy Fit Project Manager will help manage a groundbreaking new demonstration project to assist approximately 300 homeowners and renters to increase energy efficiency, cut greenhouse gas emissions, improve home health and safety, and preserve the affordability of 38 two-and three-family small homes in the Central Brooklyn community. This position will report to the Director of Home Services.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The Project Manager will report to the Program Director and will work closely with the other project team members to:
- Conduct outreach and engagement services necessary to connect with potentially eligible households in two- and three-family buildings
- Offer homeowner advisement services in support of the application and implementation of the program
- Lead project management of the day-to-day implementation of the project work
- Provide case management services for homeowners from intake through project implementation, including coordination with general contractors and reviewing contractor reports and work scopes with homeowners
- Conduct assessments over the phone and in person to determine homeowner eligibility; assist homeowners with applications
- Identify and match funding sources to project measures
- Coordinate scheduling of assessments and repair work/retrofits with homeowners and contractors
- Collect and enter data and produce reports
- Obtain homeowners’ consent for direct access to their energy bills and usage
- Assist in program evaluation
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years professional work experience
- Certification in Housing Counseling (a plus)
- Project and/or construction management, housing and community development experience and skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities
- Deeply commitment to affordable housing, holistic community development, sustainability, and climate justice
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications and Zoom platform
- Willingness to commute, on occasion, to/from IMPACCT Brooklyn’s offices or properties with appropriate COVID-19 precautions enacted.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment and remotely. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such phones, computers and laptops, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. While performing the duties of this job, the employee required to be active, including standing, walking in the outside elements, hear, bending, lifting and/or arranging office products and supplies and may require employee to periodically climb stairs.
The employee may be required to travel to other facilities.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time non-exempt position (35hrs a week) and office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and evenings as necessary. Flexible schedule considered. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected.
Compensation: $70,000 to $77,000. Commensurate with experience; Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, EAP, 403b and other fringe benefits
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to: Email: [email protected]
PLEASE INDICATE “PROJECT MANAGER, ENERGY FIT” ON SUBJECT LINE
IMPACCT Brooklyn and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. IMPACCT Brooklyn makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ONLY THOSE OFFERED INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.
- 1000 Dean Street #420
- Brooklyn, New York 11238