Director of Housing Development
|Job Category:||Development, Executive|
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement|
IMPACCT Brooklyn is a dynamic neighborhood-based organization. We combine community organizing tenant and homeowner services, affordable housing development and management, and economic development to improve Brooklyn.
IMPACCT Brooklyn is seeking a Director of Housing Development to lead our growing pipeline of community development projects. The leadership position is responsible for overseeing all phases of real estate housing development from project inception through construction and occupancy. The position reports to the Executive Director.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Identify potential affordable housing sites through brokers, government agencies and local and citywide politicians; respond to RFQs and RFPs for sites issued by government agencies.
- Coordination of community housing development initiatives, from initial planning through construction completion; that includes vacant and occupied building rehabilitation, new construction, multi-family rental, supportive, commercial and community facility projects.
- Lead in the analysis of potential development sites: land-use, site capacity, target population, program elements, and financial feasibility.
- Supervision of real estate staff to implement development projects;
- Coordination of development team: consultants, architects, contractors, etc.
- Coordination of project financing: Feasibility, securing commitments, bringing to a construction and permanent closing.
- Assist in determination and analysis of community needs in terms of housing and quality of life issues; assist in formulation of policies and initiatives to meet these needs.
- Lead in preparation of proposals for housing and community development projects.
- Work closely with and coordinate activity with the Marketing and Leasing Department.
- Coordinate the transition of buildings from development to asset and property management at the predevelopment and completion of construction.
- Member of IMPACCT Brooklyn’s Leadership Team.
- Assist Executive Director and serves as staff to the IMPACCT Brooklyn’s Housing and Real Estate Committees of the Board of Directors.
Direct supervision of Project Manager and Analyst and is responsible for performance management, training and hiring.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree in related field a plus
- Five or more years of work experience in housing development or related area (urban planning, architecture, construction, finance)
- Familiarity with housing programs & policies at City, State & Federal levels
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Experience with project and program coordination: clients, consultants and collaborators.
- Experience with loan underwriting, project feasibility analysis and urban design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, computer expertise, ability to work on several projects simultaneously and independently.
- Knowledge of minority and low income, NYC and major issues: Housing, community development, local planning.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. While performing the duties of this job, the employee required to be active, including standing, hear, bending, lifting and/or arranging office products and supplies and may require employee to periodically climb stairs. The employee may be required to travel to other facilities.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time exempt position (35hrs a week) and office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and evenings as necessary. Flexible schedule considered. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected.
Compensation: $100,000 TO $150,000. Commensurate with experience; Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, EAP, 403b and other fringe benefits
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to: Email: [email protected]
PLEASE INDICATE “DIRECTOR OF HOUSING DEVELOPMENT” ON SUBJECT LINE
IMPACCT Brooklyn and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. IMPACCT Brooklyn makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ONLY THOSE OFFERED INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.
- 1000 Dean Street #420
- Brooklyn, New York 11238
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org