Director of Mental Health Services
|Job Sectors:||Human Services|
Hour Children is an organization founded to help incarcerated and formerly incarcerated women and their children successfully rejoin the community, reunify with their families, and build healthy, independent and secure lives. The Director will assess the needs of women interested in joining Hour Children’s transitional housing and comprehensive reentry programming. With the support of Hour Children staff who are employed within the correctional facilities that serve women in New York State, the Director will admit new residents to the program and assign them to a counselor and a residence as part of their reentry plan. The Director oversees social work practice from intake to discharge with a strong focus on wellness, recovery, and reunification work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee the delivery of all social services within the organization.
· Assess and supervise case planning for over 85 families in 10 residences (transitional and permanent supportive housing).
· Provide individual psychotherapy to a small caseload.
· Provide clinical and task supervision to a team of mental health clinicians and interns.
· Facilitate case conferences, conflict resolution sessions, and interdisciplinary meetings to advance practice and programming.
· Attend community and committee meetings related to criminal justice reform efforts.
· Review clinical documentation and charts to ensure that compliance, standard procedure, and regulations are met and submit monthly and quarterly reports in a timely manner.
· Provide emergency and crisis coverage, as needed.
· Determine the educational/training needs of staff, linking staff to offsite and on-site training opportunities.
· Provide field instruction to social work intern(s) or oversee the supervision of interns by MHS team members.
· Administer employee performance evaluations.
· Perform other assignments as directed by the Executive Director.
Specifications for Physical Requirements (as applicable):
· Ability to engage in minor physical labor and lift up to 30lbs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Commitment to and passion for Hour Children’s mission.
· 5+ years of relevant or transferable professional experience, including providing clinical treatment.
· Must have an LCSW or LMHC from the State of New York (SIFI Certification a plus).
· Demonstrated ability to supervise and mentor staff.
· Must work well under pressure; be flexible and creative; possess strong organizational and time management skills; possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must have a strong holistic understanding of mental illness, addiction, wellness, and recovery, justice involvement, equitable and inclusive practices, trauma-informed care, and gender responsive practices.
· Must have a demonstrated ability to prioritize, delegate, and manage multiple priorities at once and shift between roles.
· Must have fluency with Microsoft Word applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. required.
· Bilingual Spanish/English preferred, but not required.
· Curriculum-based experience preferred, but not required:
o Parenting Education
§ Parenting Journey/Circle of Security/Other similar curricula
o Gender Responsive Recovery Support
§ Seeking Safety/Beyond Violence/Beyond Trauma
o Sanctuary Model
hour children inc
- 36-11 12 street
- Long Island City, NY 11106
- United States
- Phone: 3475878247
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com