Pro Bono Coordinator
Reports to: Pro Bono Manager
Organization: Her Justice (www.herjustice.org)
Location: 100 Broadway, 10th floor, New York, NY 10005
Her Justice stands with women living in poverty in New York City by recruiting and mentoring volunteer lawyers to provide free legal help to address individual and systemic legal barriers. Her Justice is looking to add a self-motivated Pro Bono Coordinator to our team who will further our organization’s goal of linking low– income women with volunteer lawyers in the areas of family, matrimonial, and immigration law.
Responsibilities: The Pro Bono Coordinator will play a pivotal role in matching clients with volunteer attorneys through a variety of activities, including:
- Enhancing the efficiency and success of relationships between clients and volunteer attorneys by tracking cases and providing assistance and updates to volunteer and in–house attorneys throughout the life of the case;
- Supporting efforts to recruit and train pro bono attorneys, as well as in-house volunteers and interns;
- Participating in presentations and outreach;
- Managing CLE program, including issuing CLE credit in accordance with regulations and complying with
- CLE reporting requirements;
- Matching volunteer attorneys with clients through special appeals, e-mail digests, special events, pitches, etc., and exploring new ways to create client-attorney partnerships;
- Assessing program effectiveness, including both client and volunteer attorney satisfaction;
- Working with the development team at Her Justice to coordinate outreach to firms and corporations and promote the values of Her Justice services; and
- Performing client intake over the phone on our weekly Help Line.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of post–college work experience in a relevant setting, preferred;
- Experience in a non-profit setting, preferred
- Experience working with indigent clients, survivors of domestic violence and clients from diverse backgrounds and communities, preferred
- Excellent analytical and writing skills, and strong oral communication skills
- Proven track record managing multiple assignments, prioritizing plans to achieve goals
- Experience working collaboratively with high–level professionals
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong time management, organizational and planning skills
- Strong inter-personal and leadership skills
- Computer proficiency- Microsoft Office and database systems;
- Experience with Legal Server strongly preferred
- A demonstrated passion for social justice
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
Salary: Salary mid to high $40s, commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical insurance, 401K
plan and liberal vacation policy.
Application: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Pro Bono Coordinator” in subject line of email. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.
Her Justice is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- 100 Broadway, 10th
- New York, New York 10005
- United States
- Phone: 6464421191
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com