|Job Sectors:||Arts & Culture|
The Harmony Program is a not-for-profit organization that provides intensive after-school music instruction to children from economically disadvantaged communities in New York City. The Harmony Program’s unique model recruits accomplished musicians as teachers, training them to develop the talents of young people who would not ordinarily be exposed to music education.
The Harmony Program is inspired by Venezuela’s national youth orchestra system, “El Sistema.” In the spirit of El Sistema, the Harmony Program emphasizes the influence of music-making on social development, encourages learning through ensemble playing, fosters a supportive community for program participants and families, and requires of all involved a high degree of commitment to daily music study.
The full-time grant writer will report directly to the Executive Director and collaborate with other staff as needed. They will be an integral member of a close team of administrative staff, including four other full-time and two part-time colleagues. The grant writer will focus principally on the writing of private and government grant proposals, but will be exposed to all areas of the organization’s fundraising efforts.
· Work with the Harmony Program’s Executive Director to develop and manage an annual calendar of support from existing funders and prospects;
· Research and write grant applications and prepare all required interim and final reports for grants received, including for city, state and federal government grants;
· Ensure that systems and procedures are in place for donor cultivation and recognition, site visits, recording and acknowledgement of gifts, research and prospect management, and compliance with all grant requirements;
· Collaborate with administrative team on donor cultivation events around donations and attendance goals;
· Provide internal support to independent event planners who coordinate the organization’s annual gala
Interested candidates should have the following qualifications:
· Minimum of 2 years of grant writing experience, including foundation research and strong writing and editorial skills;
· Successful track record of securing grants from private foundations and government sources;
· Effective time management and organizational skills, including the ability to address multiple priorities simultaneously;
· Strong strategic and analytical skills;
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
· Ability to work efficiently, both independently and collaboratively;
· Polite, positive, and professional demeanor;
· Solid computer skills, primarily Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and familiarity with Salesforce.
Salary commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include “Grant Writer” in your subject line.
- 1700 Broadway, 39th Floor
- New York, New York 10019
- United States
- Phone: 646-981-1882
To apply for this job email your details to HR@HarmonyProgram.org