Development Operations Coordinator
|Job Category:||Administrative, Development|
The Development Operations Coordinator will oversee our database, website, and electronic communications to assist all fundraising efforts for Grace Institute (GI) and Grace Outreach (GO), specifically, but not limited to, special events, annual giving, corporate engagement, and institutional giving. S/he is responsible for providing database, website, and administrative support to Grace Institute and Grace Outreach, two sister organizations, as well as to the Executive Director.
- Assist the development department to manage Grace Institute and Grace Outreach’s databases. Maintain meticulous donor records in Salesforce and generate accurate reports and dashboards from Salesforce; process all contributions and work closely with the finance department to reconcile income reports and receivables.
- Manage donor recognition process, create and send acknowledgment letters, emails, and phone calls as needed.
- Coordinate logistics for all departmental mailings; maintain accurate donor records and mailing lists; run mail merges, coordinate with printers, and ensure that deadlines are being met.
- Assist with fundraising events including mailing of invitations, maintain guest lists, event support, etc.
- Oversee and maintain WordPress website for Grace Institute and Grace Outreach.
- Assist with grant writing and grant applications.
- Assist with research and prospecting for individual/major donors and foundation support.
- Assist with corporate engagement and volunteer events; assist with day of event needs.
- Oversee digital advertising for organization; primarily Google Adwords.
Executive Director Support:
- Assist Executive Director and CDO with board communication; attend board meetings and produce meeting minutes.
- Assist Executive Director in overseeing GO Associate Board. This includes attending meetings and liaising between management and the Associate Board.
- Organize materials and/or scheduling for meetings with key stakeholders such as board members, donors, and partners.
- Support Executive Director with special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Work may involve contact with or handling sensitive and confidential issues related to donors, staff, board members, and finances. Discretion is required at all times.
- Attend staff trainings and meetings as required.
- Support other administrative staff as required.
- Provide CDO with regular progress reports and updates on all projects.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Consistently exhibit Grace Institute’s core values, including a high degree of professionalism and integrity on the job.
- Demonstrate an understanding of life-long learning and using a strengths-based approach, which focuses on strengths, abilities, and potential rather than problems, vulnerabilities, and deficits, of individuals, their families and communities.
- Help create and maintain a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and learning environment, and commit to principles again racism and combating gender inequality
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 4+ years of nonprofit work experience
- Salesforce experience or relevant database management required
- Strong data entry skills and attention to detail is required
- Experience with WordPress preferred
- Experience with email systems such as MailChimp preferred
- Must be able to work independently and be self-directed, while also being able to work as part of a team
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to problem solve a must
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse participant population with a strong interest in social justice
Salary Range – $55-60k
Grace Institute of New York offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan. We value health and wellness too and as such staff can earn up to 20 paid vacation days, 8 paid sick days, 3 floating holidays, 2 personal days, Summer Fridays, major holidays, and the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
Grace Institute of New York is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including but not limited to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. To apply, please send a resume to [email protected], along with a cover letter that concisely and clearly addresses why you would like to join Grace Institute and how your experience has prepared you for the challenges of this role.
Grace Institute of New York, Inc.
- 40 Rector Street, 14th Fl
- New York, NY 11434
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org