Events and Communications Coordinator
The Events and Communications Coordinator will play a key role in a three-person development team to coordinate and implement fundraising efforts related to Grace Institute and Grace Outreach’s special events, donor campaigns, corporate engagement and communications. S/he will work closely with the CDO to meet overall department goals to engage more donors, meet financial targets, and maintain ongoing communications with our stakeholders.
RESPONSIBILITIES (to include but not limited to):
Fundraising and Events:
- Assist the development department with all initiatives including special events, major gifts, foundation and corporate solicitations, and expansion of the donor community.
- Implement corporate and individual donor engagement strategy and volunteer management by overseeing Converse with Confidence, Dress with Grace, Mentoring, and Graduation. Create new volunteer events for donors and corporate donors when possible. Serve as the point person for all event communications; work closely with CDO to ensure goal attainment for volunteers and fundraising.
- Support Breakfast with Grace and additional fundraising events; managing virtual event platforms, contracts, vendors, supplies, etc. Manage event budgets, ticket purchases, and guest lists; take a lead role in day of activities.
- Implement stewardship strategy which includes holiday cards, stewardship events, donor recognition, etc.
- Assist in relationship building with donors and Board members.
- Manage communication efforts for the organization. Ensure all communications are in line with organizational brand and goals; ensure materials are up-to-date and relevant.
- Oversee content for online communications such as social media, e-campaigns, general inbox, newsletters, website updates, etc.
- Assist with all fundraising campaigns (Year End Appeal, Breakfast with Grace, crowdfunding, etc.) to ensure financial goals are met. Tasks can include writing copy, designing materials, coordinating photos and filming, etc. Assist with implementing existing campaigns as well as creating and launching new efforts as financial goals are increased.
- Create and oversee all collateral materials (marketing decks, invitations, volunteer opportunities, etc.), website, and online presence. Ensure all materials align with organizational brand and message.
- Consistently exhibits Grace Institute’s core values, including a high degree of professionalism and integrity on the job.
- Demonstrate an understanding of life-long learning and using a strengths-based approach, which focuses on strengths, abilities, and potential rather than problems, vulnerabilities, and deficits, of individuals, their families, and communities.
- Help create and maintain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and learning environment, and commit to principles against racism and combating gender inequality
- Work may involve contact with or handling sensitive and confidential issues related to donors, staff, board members, and finances. Discretion is required at all times.
- Attend staff trainings and meetings as required.
- Support other administrative staff as required.
- Provides CDO with regular progress reports and updates on all projects.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
- An ability to handle sensitive material with confidentiality and respect.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant Development experience
- 3+ years of nonprofit work experience
- Experience with Salesforce, Mail Chimp, Buffer, and social media platforms preferred
- Attention to detail is required
- Background in communication preferred, comfort with social media and online platforms
- Must be able to work independently and be self-directed, while also being able to work as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve is a must
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively with diverse participant populations with a strong interest in social justice
- Strong customer service and communication skills
Benefits and How to Apply
Grace Institute of New York offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan. We value health and wellness too and as such staff can earn up to 20 paid vacation days, 8 paid sick days, 3 floating holidays, 2 personal days, Summer Fridays, major holidays, and the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
Grace Institute of New York is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including but not limited to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. To apply, please send a resume to [email protected], along with a cover letter that concisely and clearly addresses why you would like to join Grace Institute and how your experience has prepared you for the challenges of this role.
Grace Institute of New York
- 40 Rector Street, 14th Floor
- New York, NY 10006
- United States
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org