Per Diem Clubhouse Generalist
|Job Sectors:||Human Services|
|Salary Range:||Hourly Rate: $19.82 - $24.78|
Intro/Program Description: TOP Clubhouse assists individuals with mental illness to achieve their desired goals in the areas of working, living, learning and socializing. Members belong to a community where they are empowered through shared decision making in the operation of the clubhouse. Members work side by side through a work ordered day structure and engage in social activities in the evenings and on weekends.
Purpose of Position: The Per Diem Clubhouse Generalist will work in collaboration with staff and members in the daily operation of the clubhouse. The Per Diem Clubhouse Generalist is responsible for engaging Clubhouse members, assisting them in reaching their recovery goals, and ensuring quality services.
Schedule: Flexible, as needed. Up to 20 hours per week.
Hourly Rate: $19.82 – $24.78
Goddard Riverside and Isaacs Center follow the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and are now requiring all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.
1) Client Service
- Active participation in operating and maintaining clubhouse.
- Assist in organizing and engaging members in work ordered day and social and recreational activities.
- Facilitation of evidenced-based workshops/meetings, encouraging input for shared decision making and program improvements.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and upkeep of the clubhouse environment, along with other staff and members.
- Assist in managing member case records and documentation.
- Collaborate with treatment, housing, education and vocational providers.
- Connect members to appropriate resources to meet individual needs.
- Conduct outreach activities to referral sources to enhance membership.
2) Other Duties As Required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associates degree with 2 years of experience working with individuals diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness, substance abuse, and/or co-occurring disorders
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team oriented
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Creative, flexible, skilled in working with hard to engage members
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be:
- Able to work in the Microsoft Office Suite, should be especially proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Able to use or learn to use AWARDS database
- Able to use or learn other electronic databases, programs, and funder-related software as needed
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Considerable physical activity on a regular basis such as walking stairs, setting up and breaking down space daily
- Members and staff share an office.
- Program is located inside a church.
- Outreach in the community such as employment development with businesses and member trips.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job related task other than those specifically presented in this description. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Goddard Riverside Community Center
- New York, NY 10024
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.