|Job Sectors:||Human Services|
|Salary Range:||$36,076 - $45,095|
Intro/Program Description: The Other Place (TOP) is a clubhouse that assists individuals with mental illness to achieve their desired goals in the areas of working, living, learning, and socializing. Members belong to a community where they share in decision making about the operation of the clubhouse its daily activities. Members work side by side with staff through a work ordered day structure and can also engage in social activities together on the evenings and on weekends. Increased fulfillment, sense of purpose, and stability inevitably follow as members hold jobs, graduate from schools, develop social networks and experience fewer hospitalizations and improved overall health.
Purpose of Position: The Clubhouse Generalist will work in partnership with staff and members in the daily operation of the clubhouse employment, education, advocacy and wellness programs. The Clubhouse Generalist is responsible for engaging Clubhouse members in all activities that keep the community going while also assisting them in reaching their recovery goals and ensuring quality supports and services.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, some Saturdays; Hours: 9-5, some rotated evening hours
Salary: $36,076 – $45,095
Goddard Riverside and Isaacs Center follow the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and are now requiring all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.
- Maintain a caseload of 20 adults with serious and persistent mental illness
- Maintain caseload records with documentation of services provided, according to specific program procedures
- Responsible for completing case notes and service plan using an electronic database
- Prepare timely internal and external reports
- Collaborate with treatment, housing, education and vocational providers
- Active participation in operating and maintaining clubhouse
- Assist in the development of transitional employment opportunities for members of the Clubhouse
- Assist in organizing and engaging members in work ordered day and social and recreational activities
- Facilitation of evidenced-based workshops/meetings, encouraging input for shared decision making and program improvements
- Attend training programs and supervision meetings
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and upkeep of the clubhouse environment, along with other staff and members.
- Conduct outreach activities to referral sources to enhance membership
Other duties as required including providing some services and activities remotely.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associates degree with 2 years of experience working with individuals diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness, substance abuse, and/or co-occurring disorders
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team oriented
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Creative, flexible, skilled in working with hard to engage members
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be:
- Able to work in the Microsoft Office Suite, should be especially proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Able to use or learn to use AWARDS database
- Able to use or learn other electronic databases, programs, and funder-related software as needed
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Considerable physical activity
- Members and staff share an office
- Program is in a church.
- Significant outreach in the community such as member home visits, employment development with businesses, and member trips
This position is classified as a union position under the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Goddard Riverside and the United Service Workers Union Local 74 Collective Bargaining Unit. The union represents employees in the bargaining unit (i.e. Goddard employees in Local 74 union positions). The Collective Bargaining Agreement is a written contract that defines the agreed-upon terms and conditions of employment, including wage increases, paid time off and other benefits, and the grievance process. All employees in Local 74 union positions at Goddard Riverside are subject to and covered by the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Membership in the union includes the collection of union dues on a monthly basis, to be deducted from the member’s Goddard paycheck at a rate to be determined by the union.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job related task other than those specifically presented in this description. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Goddard Riverside Community Center
- New York, NY 10024