Global Health Corps (GHC) mobilizes a global community of emerging leaders to build the movement for health equity. GHC believes young leaders with diverse backgrounds and a deep commitment to collaboration, innovation, and social justice are going to revolutionize how the world tackles its toughest health challenges.
Through a competitive recruitment process, we identify daring and innovative university graduates and early- to mid-career professionals from around the world and pair them with amazing partner organizations and government agencies in the US, East Africa, and Southern Africa. Our fellows spend a year in their placement devoting their unstoppable energy to making the world a healthier place for all people, everywhere.
Fellows convene throughout the year for additional training, community building, leadership development, and mentorship in order to become audacious, resilient, and highly-networked changemakers. Since its founding in 2009, GHC has supported over 1000 fellows working at various levels of the health system, across issue areas and across continents.
For more information, visit our website or find us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Development Coordinator is an exceptionally motivated and highly organized individual who provides critical support to the CEO and the Development team. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Development Coordinator will provide critical fundraising, executive, and administrative support to help drive the potency of our development team to power our leadership movement. This position requires someone who jumps in wherever needed to get things done, someone who is proactive and can work with little direction, and must have a can-do attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Development Team Support – 50%
● Create and manage lead research, meeting briefs, donor visits & meeting preparation
● Maintain use of GHC’s donor and stakeholder database on Salesforce, systems, and task management in Asana
● Ensure meeting and event follow-ups occur in a timely manner
● Process gifts and donor acknowledgments ensuring proper filing in Salesforce and Dropbox
● Manage travel logistics for fundraising related trips
● Assist the Development Manager and Communications with special events and projects – including network and relationship mapping around key events
● Manage and pull high-level prospective donor research for fundraising strategy development
CEO Support – 50%
● Manage and oversee internal and external calendar and administrative tasks of the CEO
● Support in the management of external communications with donors and other stakeholders Manage CEO’s expenses by processing invoices and receipts
● Manage and plan CEO’s GHC-related travel, including creating travel briefs
● Schedule, and coordinate external and internal meetings of CEO
● Handle confidential information
● 3-5 years of professional experience with a focus on administrative, operations, or fundraising roles
● Previous experience working on a fundraising team is required
● Excellent attention to detail
● Highly organized
● Strong time management skills
● Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively
● Strong written and oral communications skills, including experience communicating with a range of audiences
● Ability to anticipate and meet the needs of others
Compensation is competitive and includes an excellent benefits package with medical/dental/vision/life and short and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending, 18 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, 11 paid holidays, 401K plan, professional development stipend.
Our Philosophy and Benefits
Global Health Corps is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or other characteristics or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
We embrace and value diverse skill sets and backgrounds. We are a community of leaders who are proud to represent many different national, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, religious, gender, and other identities. We represent varied professional backgrounds, collaborating across fields and sectors to form a powerful, close-knit network of changemakers. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the health equity movement, and engage with the world with dignity and respect.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Global Health Corps