|Job Category:||Programs/Services, Volunteer Management|
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement, Education|
WHO WE ARE:
In New York City, we strive to mitigate the impact of stress, trauma, and adversity on migrant youth and their entire learning community, including school staff, caregivers, and volunteers. Foundational to all of our initiatives is an accessible model of trauma-informed mental healthcare. We are deeply committed to increasing mental health support, particularly among populations who have emigrated to the United States from countries that are ‘mental health deserts,’ where accessing quality mental health care is not an option.
Glasswing has been embedded in migrant communities in Latin America for over a decade. We witness, firsthand, the emotional and social impact of migration and deportation, partnering with receiving centers to train workers on trauma-informed care for returning migrants, especially migrant youth. This perspective allows us to approach our New York City program with an empathetic and trauma-informed approach to the complexities of migration.
Glasswing International USA is seeking a motivated program manager with an interest in school-based work and nonprofits. The program manager will be based in New York City and directly support Glasswing’s USA Country Director to help deepen and implement after-school programming in New York City public schools. Glasswing is looking for a program manager to be responsible for developing and maintaining organizing programs and activities for our New York City migrant youth and family programs.
- Help sustain- and deepening- current programs and activities aligned with Glasswing’s mission and goals.
- Develop new school-based initiatives to support the strategic growth and direction of the organization.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the New York City program, including: managing volunteers, networking with school partners to strengthen relationships, and sustaining rapport with students.
- Plan and execute volunteer events and student recruitment initiatives
- Assist the Country Director with monitoring program budget, drafting donor reports and submitting bi-annual reports.
- Participate and represent Glasswing in local partner meetings and events as requested and as needed.
- Support Glasswing’s M&E team by overseeing monitoring and evaluation for the New York programs, tracking results and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Support Glasswing’s New Business Development team in helping to write program funding proposals.
Note: The Program Manager will be on-site at multiple schools, as needed, to oversee and implement programs, events, and recruitment initiatives.
To be successful in this role, a candidate would have prior experience in school-based work and/or program management.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Ability to motivate a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities
- 2-4 years of experience in education, youth, volunteer, or after school programs
- Ability to work independently and in teams, follow through on tasks, and meet deadlines
- Sensitivity in work with individuals with diverse cultures, languages, and disabilities.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
We offer a competitive nonprofit compensation and benefits package which currently includes 15 days paid time off, 11 office holidays, the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, safe and sick leave days; a company medical insurance plan; and a 401(k) plan with employer match. This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position.
Applications should be sent to [email protected] and must include a resume, statement of interest and professional references. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
- 85 Broad Street
- New York, NY 10004
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com