The Girls on the Run NYC Development Coordinator must possess a passion for and commitment to improving the lives and opportunities of girls in third through eighth grade. The Girls on the Run program provides a safe and interactive way to learn about healthy living which includes an introduction and education on important topics such as goal-setting, cooperation, healthy decision-making, and self-respect, while training for a 5K event. The innovative curriculum teaches girls to listen and open up while also encouraging them to commit to a healthy lifestyle, and harness the inner strength that they possess. Our important mission is accomplished by giving girls the tools to make positive choices for a healthy body and mind, while reducing the many risks they face today. Girls on the Run NYC is a 501(c)(3) independent council of Girls on the Run International, and currently operates in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan and Queens.
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for managing the day-to-day details of the organization’s fundraising efforts, helping the organization to achieve its goal of raising funds to expand the program to serve 15-20% more girls year over year. The Development Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for coordinating the efforts of the organization’s development plan which include cultivating and soliciting individual giving including peer to peer fundraising efforts, coordinating corporate sponsorships and partnerships, coordinating the annual special event and other select events, 5k fundraising initiatives, and the year-end annual appeal to ensure that the organization meets contributed income goals. The Development Coordinator will have revenue-generation, relationship building, stewardship, strategy, and implementation responsibilities.
Development Strategy Support:
• Oversee year-round SoleMates peer to peer individual fundraising program, including the full cycle of donor stewardship: work with the volunteer committee in event planning and communications, and manage inventory and contracts.
• Coordinate and execute Girls on the Run fundraising special events, including annual benefit each spring.
• Coordinate and execute giving campaigns, including the year-end annual appeal.
• Assist in grant proposal and report writing, and tracking grant status. Maintain year-round grants calendar, including research into new opportunities.
• Recruit and maintain relationships with in-kind donors, with a focus on supporting the 5k and event fundraisers.
• Implement organization’s stewardship plan including thanking major donors, foundations and corporations.
• Administer the organization’s monthly donor program, the Endurance.
· Maintain accurate records and achieve targets of donor cultivations, solicitation and stewardship activities with individuals, corporations and nonprofit foundations.
· Update and maintain donor database, including updating contributions and donor contact information. Develop and implement database best practices.
· Generate acknowledgement letters/donation receipts for individual donors, corporations and foundations.
· Answer inquiries and calls from donors.
· Assist with the collection and development of data for creation of annual report.
· Occasionally manage interns and other volunteers.
· Work with staff to generate and execute continuous improvements as needed in all facets of our development operations.
• Plan, collect and craft impact stories and testimonials across all Girls on the Run NYC segments.
• Coordinate the overall communications calendar and work closely with all staff to coordinate development messaging / content updates through the website, newsletters, and social media channels.
• Develop positive relationships with partners, sponsors, volunteers, board members, community members and staff.
• Liaise and coordinate with staff, board and volunteers to advance donor engagement, cultivation, and stewardship.
· Work in collaboration with Executive Director to ensure revenue goals are met, including new revenue opportunities.
· Any other duties deemed necessary by Executive Director.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Available to work some hours during some weekends and evenings, including for fundraising events, the Girls on the Run 5k each fall and spring, and other organizational events such as volunteer events.
· Computer competence including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database management knowledge.
· Willing to undergo a background check.
· Understanding and ability to work well in a small office setting, function as a team player on a range of projects, and also work independently on assigned duties.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and leverage those relationships to cultivate additional opportunities
· Track record of success securing funding from corporations, including: identifying new targets, building and maintaining relationships and writing and presenting partnership proposals.
· Demonstrated commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes and a results-oriented culture.
· Passion for Girls on the Run mission and the ability to comprehend and effectively communicate issues surrounding empowerment, self-esteem, body image and whole-person health.
· Sound judgment, professionalism and a positive attitude.
$51,000 to $56,000
This position is based in the Girls on the Run NYC office at 81 Prospect Street, Brooklyn, NY.
Girls on the Run NYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Girls on the Run NYC
We Inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident
- 81 Prospect Street
- Brooklyn, NY 11201