Position Summary: The full-time Grants Writer will manage the grant proposal and reporting process. This individual will be responsible for drafting all LOIs, proposals, and reports for GBH’s funders. The Grants Writer will steward funder relations, manage the grants calendar, and conduct prospect research. Grant proposal writing, reporting, and funder stewardship will constitute approximately 80% of the Grant Writer’s workload.
Key Responsibilities—Assist the Head of Development and Fundraising and other office staff with the following tasks:
- Prepare grant proposals and reports for foundations, government agencies, and corporations.
- Manage grant deadlines in Salesforce and the Google Grants Calendar.
- Draft supplemental materials as needed, including copy related to our Annual Report, Impact Report, and Strategic Plan.
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process.
- Work with the ED, Director of Development, and program teams to identify funding priorities.
- Conduct research to identify new grant prospects/opportunities.
- Work with the Director of Operations and program staff to formulate budgets for grant proposals.
- Provide detailed progress reports to funders and the Board of Directors.
- Maintain grant records electronically in Dropbox and Salesforce, and in physical files.
- Enter, manage, and analyze data, run reports, and create dashboards in Salesforce. Run reports in QuickBooks.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for GBH performances, and fundraising and cultivation events—including but not limited to: the GBH Gala, Summer Soiree, Associate Board and Amplifier events, and foundation site visits.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in grant writing, institutional giving management, or writing.
- Excellent writing skills. Strong command over written and verbal communication. Able to converse with foundation officers in a confident and professional manner.
- Strong project management skills with experience in managing administrative projects.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and produce quality results under time pressure, and with attention to detail.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Computer literacy: Google Apps, Dropbox, Excel, and Word required. Salesforce, QuickBooks, and SurveyMonkey knowledge a plus.
- Ability to present numerical data clearly and effectively.
- Social media savvy a plus.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrives working in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Strong interest in local and global issues affecting girls, women, and gender expansive youth, and passionate about dismantling racism.
Compensation: Salary range is $45K-$50K, commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation days and holidays, as well as Citibike membership, discounted gym memberships, and pre-tax transit benefit.
How to apply: Send cover letter, resume, two writing samples (grant proposals strongly preferred) to [email protected] Include “Grants Writer – (your name)” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but priority will be given to those received by August 14th, 2020.
About Us: Girl Be Heard’s mission is to develop, amplify, and celebrate the voices of young women and gender nonconforming youth through socially conscious theatre-making. We bring global issues affecting youth center stage by creating cutting-edge, cause-related theatre – inspired, written and performed by our participants (12-21) — that is thought-provoking and actionable. Our shows give voice to issues that our participants care about most (such as bullying, body image, and self harm). Our company also takes on global issues affecting girls worldwide such as sex trafficking, forced child marriage, and gender-based violence.
Girl Be Heard’s education curriculum encourages our participants to think critically about social justice, challenge stereotypes, foster friendships, and build tools for bringing about positive change in their communities. Our programs are housed in 13 sites in NYC.
Work Environment: We’re a young and energetic team that values a collegial, transparent environment. We work hard to support each other in all ways. We value innovators, people with big ideas and even bigger passion and know-how to make those ideas happen. This is a growth opportunity for the right person looking to really take ownership of an important aspect of our organization and guide us to the next level.
Girl Be Heard’s office is located in DUMBO, Brooklyn, and is air-conditioned and located in a wheelchair accessible building. Girl Be Heard seeks a broad spectrum of employees and is strongly committed to a diverse and equitable work environment. Queer individuals, trans people, people of color, and women are highly encouraged to apply. Girl Be Heard is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity or expression, color, national origin, ability, ethnicity, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, religion, or belief.
Learn more about Girl Be Heard by visiting girlbeheard.org or Instagram.com/girlbeheard
Girl Be Heard
- Brooklyn, NY 11201
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org