Program Coordinator, Healthcare Work-based Learning
|Job Category:||Administrative, Other, Programs/Services, Volunteer Management|
|Job Sectors:||Education, Other|
|Salary Range:||$50,000 - $55,000|
Since 1995, Futures and Options has empowered New York City’s youth, particularly youth of color and students from historically underrepresented communities, to acquire transferable professional skills, pursue higher education, and successfully compete in a global 21st century economy. We collaborate with New York City employers to provide transformative career development opportunities to young people, enabling them to succeed in college and inspiring them to pursue meaningful careers.
Our programs include: The Internship Program, which provides paid, mentored internships and career development workshops to students, ages 16 to 19 years old; Career Essentials, our hands-on career-readiness and career exploration program that provides opportunities for students to practice and improve their interpersonal, communication, and other relevant work-related skills; The Externship Experience, a career exploration and skill-building program focused on growing industries; the College Guidance Initiative, which helps students navigate the college application and selection process; and Alumni Engagement Programming, which provides continued work-readiness, mentoring, career exploration, and networking opportunities to alumni as they navigate their way through school and plan for future careers.
The Healthcare Work-based Learning Program (WBL) will partner with select high schools to deliver learning based opportunities to students to include internships, career exploration activities and industry-based projects. This is a one-year position with possible extension due to available funding.
Position Summary: Futures and Options is seeking a highly capable, dedicated and empathetic Healthcare WBL Program Coordinator to join our robust Program team that works with hundreds of students each year. The Healthcare WBL Program Coordinator will work collaboratively to support participating students on their journey to gain work-related skills, confidence and a vision for their future.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for implementing the Healthcare Work-based Learning Program and will work closely with students, schools, and healthcare partners to ensure success in achieving program goals and grant objectives. They will:
- Recruit, review applications and interview students for participation in the Healthcare WBL career development programs.
- Match students to healthcare related internships that align with their abilities and career interests; prepare students for interviews through resume feedback and interview coaching.
- Work with internship site supervisors to arrange interns’ work schedules; and monitor interns’ progress by conducting visits to worksites and provide ongoing support through communication with on-site supervisors and interns.
- Enter program data (i.e., internship statuses, attendance, site-visits, documentation upload review, internship matching, etc.) accurately and in a timely manner use Salesforce and other data tracking systems
- Assist in collecting forms, paperwork, and student identification for onboarding.
- Design and implement appropriate career development and exploration activities, e.g., field trips to businesses, mentoring programs and other enrichment activities.
- Administer surveys and evaluation tools as needed to ensure student engagement and that program operates in compliance with funding sources and intended results are achieved.
- Ongoing program development and innovation using a collaborative approach that integrates the fields of youth development, education, career readiness and exploration.
- Provide data and other program information as needed for reports, proposals, and other materials.
- Maintain standards of excellence for all programs, ensuring high-quality implementation.
- Other duties as needed to ensure smooth, efficient and successful operation of program activities.
To be successful in this role, the candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 2 years of relevant work experience in education, youth services, human services, urban planning, policy, or a related field.
- The ability to work in-office a minimum two to three days per week.
- Strong commitment to social justice and the mission of Futures and Options.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Empathy, a growth-mindset, solid judgment, flexibility, and the ability to pivot in order to meet goals.
- A high degree of personal and professional integrity: a strong role model for youth.
- The ability to travel to schools, business, and partner organizations throughout the five boroughs.
- A demonstrated track record of working collaboratively with diverse teams, with the capability to network and build effective partnerships and alliances.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with computer proficiency and knowledge of MS Office, including strong Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills. Experience using Salesforce or a similar database preferred.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging principles and demonstrated ability to interact with individuals of different races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientations in a multicultural environment.
Compensation & Benefits: Salary range is $50,000-$55,000 commensurate with experience. Futures and Options offers generous benefits, including medical, vision and dental insurance, transit pre-tax accounts, retirement savings plan with discretionary employer match; three weeks paid vacation, five personal days, ample sick time, a commitment to work-life balance and professional development opportunities. We also enjoy summer Fridays and 10 paid holidays.
To apply: If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] telling us why your experience would make you a good fit for this role. Please include “Healthcare WBL Coordinator” in the subject line of your email. This position is hybrid in-office/remote work position.
As a condition of employment, all employees must successfully show proof of eligibility to work in the United States of America, proof of vaccination for Covid-19 and successful completion of a background check.
Futures and Options values an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, a survivor of domestic violence status, or marital status. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Futures and Options
- 111 Broadway, Suite 1602
- New York, NY 10006