Program Coordinator, Employer Partnerships
|Job Category:||Administrative, Programs/Services|
|Salary Range:||$50,000 - $55,000|
Since 1995, Futures and Options has empowered New York City’s youth, particularly youth of color and students from historically underrepresented communities, to acquire transferable professional skills, pursue higher education, and successfully compete in a global 21st century economy. We collaborate with New York City employers to provide transformative career development opportunities to young people, enabling them to succeed in college and inspiring them to pursue meaningful careers.
Our programs include: The Internship Program, which provides paid, mentored internships and career development workshops to students, ages 16 to 19 years old; Career Essentials, our hands-on career-readiness and career exploration program that provides opportunities for students to practice and improve their interpersonal, communication, and other relevant work-related skills; The Externship Experience, a career exploration and skill-building program focused on growing industries; the College Guidance Initiative, which helps students navigate the college application and selection process; and Alumni Engagement Programming, which provides continued work-readiness, mentoring, career exploration, and networking opportunities to alumni as they navigate their way through school and plan for future careers.
The Program Coordinator, Employer Partnerships will support the recruitment and ongoing engagement of Futures and Options’ employer partners and volunteers from the corporate, small business, non-profit, and other sectors to support student programming.
The Program Coordinator will:
- Recruit, cultivate, build, and manage relationships with employer partners and individual professionals who volunteer with Futures and Options in support of our career exploration activities for students.
- Coordinate all aspects of volunteers’ participation, including meeting with and vetting new volunteers, overseeing scheduling and logistics, attending key volunteer activities, and providing administrative support and timely follow-up.
- Support the Employer Partnerships team in using a range of strategies to recruit and engage businesses and organizations to work with Futures and Options as either Internship hosts or Career Exploration partners. This includes conducting outreach, information sessions, trainings, site visits, and/or events, and developing relevant resources for staff, employer partners, and volunteers.
- Collect and update all essential volunteer data to ensure accurate records of prospecting and volunteer activities, including accuracy of contacts; records of outreach, recruitment, and program participation; and partner and student feedback. Support the Employer Partnerships team by updating Salesforce with additional employer partner, internship, and career exploration data for smooth program implementation and goals tracking.
- Produce pitch decks, brochures, one-pagers or other marketing materials to increase awareness of Futures and Options’ programs, and employer partner and volunteer engagement opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with and support colleagues across the program team and other departments to understand and fulfill program and volunteer needs for successful career-readiness and career development activities for students.
- Periodically work alongside the program team to recruit students and provide ongoing support to a small cohort of students for targeted programs on an as needed basis.
- Perform other tasks as needed to ensure the success and growth of all employer partnership engagement activities.
To be successful in this role, the candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 2 years of relevant work experience in a related field
- The ability to work in-office minimum two to three days per week
- Strong commitment to social justice and the mission of Futures and Options
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written and verbal communication skills;
- Empathy, a growth-mindset, solid judgment, flexibility, and the ability to pivot in order to meet goals
- A resourceful and creative approach to the role, with the ability to work independently, take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects to completion
- Strong administrative and organizational skills. Prior event planning experience a plus.
- A demonstrated track record of working collaboratively with diverse teams, with the capability to network and build effective partnerships and alliances
- The ability to identify and solve problems independently, with an emphasis on developing proactive approaches while utilizing internal support
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of MS Office, including strong Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills. Experience using Salesforce or a similar database preferred.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging principles and demonstrated ability to interact with individuals of different races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientations in a multicultural environment.
Compensation & Benefits
Starting salary range is $50,000-$55,000 commensurate with experience. Futures and Options offers generous benefits, including medical, vision and dental insurance, transit pre-tax accounts, retirement savings plan with discretionary employer match; three weeks paid vacation, five personal days, ample sick time, a commitment to work-life balance and professional development opportunities. We also enjoy summer Fridays and 10 paid holidays.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] telling us why your experience would make you a good fit for this role. This position is hybrid in-office/remote work position.
As a condition of employment, all employees must successfully show proof of eligibility to work in the United States of America, proof of vaccination for Covid-19 and successful completion of a background check.
Futures and Options values an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, a survivor of domestic violence status, or marital status. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Futures and Options
- 111 Broadway, Suite 1602
- New York, NY 10006
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com