Since 1995, Futures and Options has empowered New York City’s youth, particularly youth of color and students from historically underrepresented communities, to acquire transferable professional skills, pursue higher education, and successfully compete in a global 21st century economy. We collaborate with New York City employers to provide transformative career development opportunities to young people, enabling them to succeed in college and inspiring them to pursue meaningful careers.
Our programs include: The Internship Program, which provides paid, mentored internships and career development workshops to students age 16 to 19 years old; Career Essentials, our hands-on career-readiness and career exploration program that provides opportunities for students to practice and improve their interpersonal, communication, and other relevant work-related skills; The Externship Experience, a remote career exploration and skill-building program focused on growing industries; the College Guidance Initiative, which helps students navigate the college application and selection process; and Alumni Engagement Programming, which provides continued work-readiness, mentoring, career exploration, and networking opportunities to alumni as they navigate their way through school and plan for future careers.
Job Description: Futures and Options is seeking a highly capable, dedicated, and organized Development Assistant to support all development functions, including fundraising, marketing, and communications.
Responsibilities will include supporting the Development Team with our annual appeal, special events, online fundraising, and communications. The Development Assistant will be specifically responsible for:
· Assisting with creative approaches to donor cultivation and fundraising campaigns
· Processing donor contributions, event sponsorships, grant payments, and related acknowledgements
· Organizing and maintaining development database; tracking donors and in-kind supporters
· Creating fundraising reports and other database reports as requested
· Assisting in the development of content for newsletters, annual reports, social media, and other communications
· Providing administrative support for all fundraising events, such as drafting correspondence, assisting with mailings, phone inquiries, in-kind gift and revenue tracking, and other clerical duties
· Assisting with the creation and production of event collateral, including invitations, programs, event signage, and other relevant print and electronic materials
· Helping to solicit and organize silent auction and raffle items
· Assisting with on-site event management, including set-up and breakdown, and helping to coordinate components of virtual events (Attendance at all development special events is required )
· Other duties as needed to ensure successful operation of development activities
· Two years of work experience, preferably in fundraising, administrative, or operations roles
· Ability to work independently and efficiently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines
· Strong written communication skills
· Meticulous attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
· A strong work ethic and creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
· Team player with strong relationship-based approach to working with our team
· Proficiency with MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Proficiency with Salesforce and MailChimp preferred
· Proficiency in graphic design software, like Photoshop, InDesign, or Canva a plus
· Bachelor’s degree is required
Salary & Benefits:
Starting salary range is $48,000-$51,000. Futures and Options offers generous benefits, including medical and dental insurance, transit pre-tax accounts, three weeks paid vacation, five personal days, paid sick leave, a commitment to work-life balance and ample professional development opportunities. We also enjoy summer Fridays and 9 paid holidays.
How to Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected], with “Development Assistant” as the subject line.
Applicants who obtain a conditional job offer will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement before beginning employment. Final candidates are subject to a background check. This position is a hybrid position; employees are required to be in the office at least 2 to 3 days/week.
Futures and Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to an equitable and inclusive program and a diverse staff team. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Futures and Options
- 120 Broadway, Suite 1019
- New York, New York 10271
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org