Associate, Accounts Receivable
Provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring the company receives payments for Pledges and services and properly records the transactions by posting receipts and resolving discrepancies according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare, verify, and process invoices using Salesforce CRM
- Enter data on invoices; ensure proper coding on documents
- Collect on accounts by sending invoice reminders and communication with participants via phone, email, fax or mail
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and entering them into the accounting software
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from relevant parties
- Resolve valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries
- Resolve invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts,
- Coordinating monthly transfers to Local Networks, verifying totals; preparing reports
- Prepare reports for management.
- Assisting finance team with other duties such as audit prep month end close & grant tracking.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree from a four year college or technical school preferred
- 1-3 years accounts receivable experience
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Customer service and negotiation skills
· Integrity: Demonstrates the values of the United Nations in daily activities and behaviors; acts without consideration of personal gain; resists undue political pressure in decision-making; does not abuse power or authority; stands by decisions that are in the Organization’s interest, even if they are unpopular; and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behavior.
· Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; and remains calm in stressful situations.
· Respect for Diversity: Works effectively with people from all backgrounds; treats all people with dignity and respect; treats men and women equally; shows respect for and understanding of diverse points of view and demonstrates this understanding in daily work and decision-making, examines own biases and behaviors to avoid stereotypical responses, and does not discriminate against any individual or group.
· Competitive Salary
· Retirement Plan – 15% employer contribution after 6 months of services with additional 7.5% matching option.
· Vacation Days – 30 paid days (6 weeks) per year.
· Medical leave – Up to 12 weeks of paid medical leave.
· Maternity leave – 16 weeks with full pay.
· Paternity leave – 4 weeks with full pay.
· Medical /dental/vision employee coverage
· Please include the following materials in your e-mail submission to [email protected] with the subject heading “Associate, Accounts Receivable”:
1. Cover Letter
Foundation for the Global Compact
The UN Global Compact is the largest corporate sustainability in
- 685 Third Ave
- New York, New York 10010
- New York
- Phone: 212-907-1301