|Job Sectors:||Arts & Culture, Environmental, Other|
Job: Finance Manager
Job Type: Full-Time, Year Round; 40 hours per week; Exempt
Salary Range: $70,000 – $80,000
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package following 60-day introductory period (health insurance, paid time off, etc.)
Work Location: Remote & In-person; 10 Central Road, New York, NY 10035 (Icahn Stadium – Randall’s Island Park)
Randall’s Island Park Alliance, Inc. (RIPA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that works with the City of New York and local communities to provide an innovative and exciting destination through a wide range of sports venues, public programs, cultural events, and environmental exploration. As the dedicated steward of Randall’s Island Park, the Alliance sustains, maintains, develops, and programs the Park to support the wellbeing of all New Yorkers. RIPA typically has an annual operating budget of $10 million (pre-COVID-19), approximately half of which is raised through fundraising. The Finance Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operational and transactional bookkeeping needs of the organization. With oversight and guidance from the Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”), the Finance Manager will provide critical support to RIPA’s financial operation. Responsibilities include the preparation, compilation and analysis of accurate and timely financial data to support decision making, management of the day-to-day accounting operations of the finance department, and the processing of payroll. The Finance Manager reports to the CFO.
- Manage day-to-day accounting and bookkeeping operations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, monthly reconciliations, and other areas as assigned to ensure that financial information is up to date and accurate.
- Lead the bi-weekly payroll process, with oversight from the CFO, and support from the Finance Associate, and ensure that payroll is prepared accurately and efficiently.
- Assist in compiling and preparing monthly and year-end financial reports, budgets, and forecasts to ensure accurate, timely information is available for decision makers.
- Support the CFO in the annual budgeting process, and work with departments to ensure that budgets are managed effectively. Monitor departmental spending, comparing actuals to budget, and investigate variances. Provides support to department managers on budget questions.
- Assist the CFO in the annual financial audit and preparation of tax filings, including IRS Form 990, ensuring they are filed in a timely fashion.
- Identify opportunities to streamline activities through system improvements.
- Oversee the processing of the payroll for all employees on a bi-weekly basis.
- Assist the CFO with training and mentoring the Finance Associate; assigning tasks and examining work for accuracy, thoroughness and conformance to established policies and procedures.
- Willing to work in a flexible environment and contribute in other areas, as needed.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- A bachelor’s or graduate degree from an accredited college in accounting, finance or a related field of study and/or a minimum of 3 years of accounting experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- A high degree of integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Unquestionable ability to be discreet and manage confidential information.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated influence and diplomacy at all levels.
- Strong communications and writing skills; able to respond to requests in an effective and timely manner.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Motivated and punctual, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Experience with Sage Intacct, ADP Workforce Now, and SAP Concur
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector and knowledge of non-profit accounting
- Driver’s License
To apply, please complete an application online at:
**Please include a cover letter**
Randall’s Island Park Alliance
- 10 Central Road
- New York, NY 10035