Finance and Operations Coordinator
|Job Category:||Administrative, Finance|
TITLE: Finance and Operations Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Finance & Operations
BASIC FUNCTION: The Finance& Operations Coordinator works closely with the Vice President, Finance & Operations to provide financial management, coordinate operational logistics, and facilitate administrative tasks for Nonprofit New York. The role will also assist with the implementation and maintenance of financial policies, strategies, and practices. The Finance & Operations Coordinator will have a particular focus on maintaining financial records, coordinating logistics in accordance with organizational objectives, and reconciling all accounts.
BACKGROUND: Nonprofit New York’s mission is to strengthen and unite New York’s nonprofits–relentlessly building a healthy, equitable, unified, and powerful nonprofit community. We believe that healthy nonprofits are better equipped to fulfill their mission and race equity is a condition of success. And healthy nonprofits united in solidarity are an unstoppable force for good. Organizations are only as healthy as their people and are as strong as their systems. We provide resources and education to help them reach new levels of excellence and effectiveness. We rally the nonprofit community. When we come together and unite as one, our voice is amplified, our influence is magnified, and real change is possible.
With a Board representing key nonprofit subsectors, and a dedicated team of staff members, Nonprofit New York operates on a budget of approximately $2 million per year. We are a small, but mighty, team that likes to work strategically, have fun, and be inspired. See www.nonprofitnewyork.org for more information.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform daily accounting tasks: Process accounts payables; coordinate and log bank deposits, wire transfers, and withdrawals
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll and assist with benefits administration processes for staff
- Assist external accounting consultants with monthly reconciliation and closing processes
- Coordinate document preparation and review for annual audit
- Work with the Vice President, Finance & Operations to update and review annual budget totals
- Support and administer vendor and consultant contracts and relationships
- Maintain and and retain financial records for compliance, recordkeeping, and archiving
- Assist with recruitment, employee onboarding, employee relations, and maintain HR records
Operations and Administration
- Coordinate office operations: Order supplies, troubleshoot general office systems and facilities services, monitor equipment, and maintain organization files
- Support team members on operational logistics for all development, policy, and capacity-building events, programs, and forums
- Assist with sharing of Board documentation and provide operational support for monthly and quarterly Board meetings
Also, additional duties as agreed to with the Vice President, Finance & Operations.
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of work experience in nonprofit accounting and/or finance. Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, business, math or related field(s) is a plus
- High proficiency of accounting and payroll applications including QuickBooks, Bill.com, and Paychex
- Experience in human resources: payroll, employee benefits, performance management, and onboarding
- Attention to detail, deadline oriented; keen ability to problem solve and remain flexible during a time of growth
- Proficiency of office and web-based applications including G-Suite, Asana, Slack, and Zoom
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- Demonstrated interest in Nonprofit New York’s mission
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth on issues of inclusion and racial equity
- Effective time, task, and project management
- Clear communication skills – both written and verbal
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
- Ability to work effectively, independently and as part of a team
- Ability to integrate an understanding of racial equity concepts into work projects, team building, and one-on-one interactions
- Ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities and successfully manage multiple projects at once
- Openness to evolving responsibilities
- Sense of humor a plus
SALARY: $50K to $60K per year, commensurate with experience. Excellent working environment and generous benefits (health insurance, dental, vision, paid time off (PTO), and 401(k) retirement with 5% match contributions).
HIRING PRACTICES: Nonprofit New York is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic(s), arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, domestic violence victim status, credit history, unemployment status, veteran status, protected activity, uniformed service or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position is primarily a sedentary role. However, the person in this position may need to occasionally move about inside the office to liaise with internal staff and access files and office machinery. We anticipate that this position may be partially remote until January 2022 pending the current pandemic.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS: This is a full-time position, starting immediately. Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to [email protected]. Please use the subject line: “Finance and Operations Coordinator”. No phone calls please. Candidates will be notified if we are seeking an interview. Due to the high volume of responses that we receive, it may not be possible to respond to all inquiries. Prior to hire, candidates must complete at least two interviews. Interviews will include multiple staff members. Please inform us within an ample time period prior to the interview of accommodation(s) needed.
Nonprofit New York
- 320 E 43rd St., Fl 3
- New York, New York 10017
- Phone: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com