Data and Evaluation Manager
|Job Category:||Administrative, Development|
Unit: Administration Employee Type: Full-Time, 35 hours
Fifth Avenue Committee, Inc. (FAC) is a nationally recognized South Brooklyn based, non-profit community development corporation and NeighborWorks America and Hispanic Federation member formed in 1978 whose mission is to advance economic, social, and racial justice through integrated, community-centered affordable housing, grassroots organizing, policy advocacy and transformative education, training and services that build the power to shape our community’s future. FAC works to transform the lives of over 5,500 low- and moderate-income New Yorkers annually so that we can all live with dignity and respect while making our community more equitable, sustainable, inclusive and just.
To achieve our mission, FAC develops and manages affordable housing and community facilities, creates economic opportunities and ensures access to economic stability, organizes tenants and residents around issues of housing and environmental justice and accountable development, and provides student centered adult education. In addition to our grassroots neighborhood work, we are actively involved in broader coalitions and campaigns.
FAC seeks an enthusiastic and energetic Data and Evaluation Manager to spearhead our expansion and adoption of a robust Salesforce system for FAC and its HUD-certified housing counseling affiliate, Neighbors Helping Neighbors and develop processes that foster growth by increasing organizational efficiency and capacity across all areas for FAC and its affiliate(s). Reporting to the Deputy Director of External Affairs and Strategy, and initially working closely with an external consultant, the Data and Evaluation Manager will play an integral role in ensuring timely completion of the Salesforce implementation project as well as supporting and training staff members on the new and enhanced system. The Data and Evaluation Manager will cultivate best practices to maintain an intuitive and reliable database that will sustain rapid growth. During and after the implementation process, the Data and Evaluation Manager will work closely with the Contract Manager, Development team, Management Circle and program staff to help build and support a culture around data to deepen our impact, ensure program teams are engaged with the system, and support new feature requests and changes.
Managing the completion of the Salesforce implementation project and collaborating with the Deputy Director of External Affairs and Strategy, Development, Management Circle and program staff on data management tasks.
Internal project lead responsibilities include:
• Overseeing the timely and effective completion of the Salesforce implementation consultant deliverables
• Collaborate with Deputy Director of External Affairs and Strategy to manage consultancy engagement
• Providing project updates to internal staff
• Organizing all consultant-led trainings of FAC staff and internal prototype review sessions
• Gathering remaining historical data needed for migration
• Managing consultancy support needs after completion of the implementation project
Salesforce system administrator responsibilities include
• Adding and deactivating users
• Customizing the system to fit FAC processes
• Securing the system to ensure appropriate access level to information across users
• Importing historical data as needed
• Providing training for current and new staff members on how to properly use the system after completion of the consultancy stage
• Troubleshooting problems as they arise
• Staying up to date on new Salesforce features as they are released and training staff on them as needed
Other key responsibilities include:
• Galvanizing Salesforce adoption across all staff members
• Serve as liaison between development, contract management, management and program staff to ensure required reporting deliverables are being captured and maintained in Salesforce
• Gathering and incorporating feedback from end users to create effective processes
• Generating and interpreting reports and dashboards for different functioning areas of the organization including for funder reports, management, governance and advancing FAC’s Strategic Plan
• Managing the collection of program evaluation data as well as implementing improved data collection practices
• Reporting data to Management Circle members and Board Program Committee and providing support in all needed capacities
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• A strong commitment to FAC’s mission
• Extensive knowledge of Salesforce with 2-3+ years of experience performing Salesforce administration and support.
• Exceptional quantitative skills with a passion for and high level of proficiency in data management and analysis and problem solving
• Computer proficiency and advanced knowledge of MS Office, and understanding of key Salesforce architectural concepts (e.g. API, security models and techniques)
• Excellent interpersonal, listening, written, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to be precise and attentive to detail
• Ability to work independently, take initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects, as well as to be a team player who is eager to collaborate with others.
Compensation & Benefits:
$75k to 85k annual salary range, commensurate with experience. FAC offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance (following a 60-day waiting period), life insurance, retirement savings plan, flexible spending, 12 paid holidays and 18 paid vacation days. Eligible full- time staff can also apply to telecommute up to 2 days per week.
E-mail cover letter with resume and salary requirements with “Data & Evaluation Manager” in the subject line to:
Fifth Avenue Committee, Inc.
Attn: Data & Evaluation Manager 621 DeGraw Street
Brooklyn NY 11217 [email protected]
Please, no phone calls!
FAC is an equal opportunity employer (EEO).
People of color, community residents and women are strongly encouraged to apply
Fifth Avenue Committee, Inc.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org