Finance book keeper
|Job Sectors:||Human Services|
FDNY Foundation Job Description Bookeeper (Part Time)
he FDNY Foundation is the official 501(c)(3) non-profit organization of the New York City Fire Department. The funds raised assist the FDNY in its mission to prevent and respond to fires, medical emergencies, disasters and terrorist acts, protecting the lives and property of residents and visitors in New York City. The FDNY Foundation funds programs to help meet the Department’s training, equipment, and education needs.
Assist the FDNY Foundation with the daily operations and maintenance of financials and the general ledger. This position is part time 16 hours per week.
Essential duties include the following and other duties may be assigned.
· duties associated with bi weekly accounts payable and receivable, process invoices; expense coding and data entry
· bank deposits and follow up on pledges
· finances involved with grants
· bi weekly payroll, including inputting data to payroll company
· Performs monthly bank reconciliations and FDNY bank accounts
· Assist in 1099 and 990 preparation with accountant
· Assist with retail budget
· Associate degree in accounting or equivalent with at least 2 years experience preferable in a nonprofit organization
· Good knowledge of standard bookkeeping practices
· Knowledge of Quickbooks, Microsoft word and excel
· Must have attention to detail and commitment to high quality work
· Solid verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and professional manner
This position is part time 16 hours per week $32-$35 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com