Director of Operations
The Eskolta Network is an improvement community designed to connect educators in the shared challenge of transforming learning for all students. Since launching in 2010, Eskolta has partnered with over 1,000 educators and improved learning for more than 13,000 students. Drawing on current research, participating schools work together to explore problems, create practices and tools, test and modify them, and measure their impact. Together, we aim to confront the educational inequities driven by systems of racism and oppression in our nation and improve academic outcomes for students so they can thrive in high school and beyond. As an organization, we seek to continuously challenge ourselves to exhibit respect, focus, balance, integrity, and justice. To that end, Eskolta strives to be an antiracist organization, using its influence to fight against social injustice by supporting a culture of learning, empowerment, and equity in our schools.
As Director of Operations, you are responsible for the implementation of internal process and infrastructure to drive organizational effectiveness and enable strategic growth. The Director of Operations plays a critical role in overseeing a variety of functions central to Eskolta’s ability to fulfill its mission, including financial management and oversight, technology and operations. The Director will work closely with Eskolta’s outsourced partners, including accounting and human resources, which provide payroll, benefits and employee relations support.
This role reports to the Executive Director, serves as a member of the management team, and supervises a part time Operations Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Financial Management & Oversight
- Collaborate to drive annual budgeting process and monitor budget goals throughout the year
- Oversee day-to-day accounting operations
- Ensure accurate and timely compliance with city, state and federal regulations for purposes of taxation and reporting
- Manage annual audit process
- Prepare financial reports for foundations and other relevant stakeholders, including gift reconciliation and reporting on both restricted and unrestricted giving
- Supervision of corporate tax filings
Grants & Contract Management
- Partner with Eskolta team to manage grants and grant compliance
- Ensure efficient and effective process for contracting with partner schools
- Lead contract management, including procurement and service monitoring through the NYC Department of Education.
- Lead standardization of operational systems, participating in both executive-level and detail-level decision making on the full range of market activities
- Partner with Executive Director, Board of Directors, and other key stakeholders to execute strategic growth plans with a focus on effective systems during regional expansion
- Supervision of Eskolta’s office operations in New York City, Boston and Washington, DC (launching summer 2021)
- Lead Eskolta’s risk mitigation, including insurance management and office health and safety
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow, and excel professionally. We know people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. This said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below.
- Experience overseeing a variety of business operations functions in a fast-paced, innovative nonprofit environment
- Familiarity managing diverse revenue streams, including restricted & unrestricted funds and government contracts, such as RFPs and Multiple Task Award Contracts Knowledge of fiscal management & operational best practices
- Demonstrated understanding of financial management software and experience managing budgeting, payroll, and audit processes
- Strong communication skills with an ability to build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Experience as a manager, leader and team player
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate and address challenges, and roll up your sleeves to tackle problems with flexibility
- Commitment to teamwork, creativity, and collaboration
- Dedication to managing and continuously improving operational systems for inter-departmental work
- Knowledge of and concern for issues of equity and justice and an understanding of how structural injustice impacts the experiences of underserved students
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS AND LOCATION
Eskolta offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is $115,000-$130,000, commensurate with experience. While the Eskolta team is currently working remotely, the organization expects to return to the office when safe to do so. This role is based in Eskolta’s New York City-based office.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to the online application. For confidential inquiries or for assistance in completing the application, please contact us via email at [email protected] and a member of our team will follow up.
TIMELINE AND HIRING PROCESS
We will review and respond to all applications received. While subject to change, candidates elected to advance throughout the process can expect to interview with Positively Partners, an interview with members of the Search Committee, and for finalists, an interview day with staff and other stakeholders, including a robust and holistic reference check process. Expected start date is summer 2021.
Eskolta is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. We foster a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, out of home care, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
We help schools learn.
- 50 Broad Street, Suite 1615
- New York, New York 10004
- Phone: (917) 388-3389
To apply for this job please visit careers.positivelypartners.org.