We are a boutique consulting firm specializing in executive search, leadership development, and organizational strategy services exclusively for the nonprofit sector. Our main office is in Los Angeles, and we also have a second office in New York City. We serve clients nationwide.
The consultant in New York City works with our vice president to build and serve our client base on the East Coast and also remotely supports clients in other locations. You are a research and analysis guru: analyzing competitive landscapes, assessing organizational health and sustainability, discovering outstanding job candidates, tracking sector trends, and pinpointing business leads. You support clients by facilitating discussions, offering sector insights, conducting interviews, designing surveys, writing reports and more. You help to grow Envision’s reputation in New York City and beyond by networking with sector leaders, organizing marketing events and campaigns, and developing proposals.
Who is our ideal candidate? You are collaborative, yet also able to run with a project with minimal direction. You are comfortable wearing many hats and describe yourself as a “jack of all trades” (and a master of some). You’ve worked in the trenches of the nonprofit sector, so you understand the day-to-day challenges of our clients. You thrive with change and juggling multiple plates. Most of all, you’re excited to be part of a team building a nationwide, cutting-edge nonprofit consulting firm.
Sound like you? Here are the details:
Organizational Strategy: Provide research, analysis and writing support for projects including organizational assessments, strategic plans, sustained collaboration engagements, and board development. Prepare visually-appealing presentations and reports. Lead or support client meetings, working sessions and retreats.
Executive and Supported Search: Source and recruit job candidates; review candidate applications; conduct phone, Zoom and in-person interviews.
Project Management and Administration: Update project management tool (Monday.com); draft project updates for clients; update client and prospect records in CRM tool (Keap); prepare client meeting notes.
Business Development and Marketing: Research and cultivate new business leads; develop proposals; participate in pitch meetings; plan logistics and conduct outreach for marketing events, including CauseCupid and others; attend in-person and virtual networking events on behalf of Envision; provide ideas for social media, podcast and blog content.
What We Require:
- At least 10 years of professional work experience.
- Experience as senior staff leadership within a nonprofit organization preferred. Professional work experience in nonprofit sector required.
- Experience as a consultant preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning or organizational assessments.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- An innate ability to manage projects and problem solve.
- Tenacious and resourceful research and analytical skills.
- Outstanding presentation and facilitation skills.
- Comfort with networking and sales.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Proficient in G Suite, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Dropbox, Canva.
- Familiar with InfusionSoft/Keap, Monday.com, Alchemer – or similar tools.
- Ability to work in-person in New York City.
- Occasional travel required.
The position is full-time with a competitive compensation package based on experience. Simple IRA with 2% employer match. Paid vacation, sick and holiday time, subsidized health insurance, optional dental, vision and disability offered.
To apply for this job please visit www.envisionnonprofit.com.