Senior Manager, Fellow Support Partnerships
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement, Human Services, Other|
About Echoing Green
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
Echoing Green supports visionary leaders who are transforming their communities by addressing challenges in focus areas related to economic development, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Since its founding, Echoing Green has provided more than $45 million in funding to 800+ Fellows who have worked in more than 86 countries and 39 U.S. states.
They’ve established a global community of emerging leaders who have launched Teach for America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Last Mile Health, Hot Bread Kitchen, Public Allies, and hundreds of others. These organizations have leveraged Echoing Green’s seed investment to raise more than $5 billion in public and private funding. Echoing Green unleashes unexpected potential by tracking down the best and the brightest leaders, bringing them together, and launching them on their path to success.
In June 2020, Echoing Green launched a $50 million Racial Equity Philanthropic Fund (REPF) and has since increased that fundraising goal to $75 million. With this fund, Echoing Green furthers a 35-year commitment to bold, strategic investments in racial equity work. Echoing Green’s Programs Team is responsible for selecting and supporting the Fellows who are selected as part of the REPF, offering funding and capacity-building for the incredible leaders working on the frontlines of racial equity and justice.
Those who work at Echoing Green have a front row seat to the brightest leaders with the most innovative ideas driving social progress across the world. They are fired up to be Fellows’ partners, their advocates, and their biggest champions.
For more information on Echoing Green, please visit www.echoinggreen.org.
Reporting to the Director, Portfolio, the Senior Manager, Fellow Support Partnerships will build and implement programmatic partnerships that support leadership, well-being, and organizational capacity-building for Fellows. You will center racial equity from a global frame as you develop partnerships, using a human-centered approach to providing technical assistance to our Fellows. Additionally in this role, you will help us identify the next generation of promising social entrepreneurs to support.
This is an amazing opportunity for anyone who enjoys working in a dynamic and complex environment; and who will bring both personal and professional perspectives and experiences in racial equity, anti-colonialism, and anti-otherism in a global context. The Senior Manager will prioritize support for Black, Indigenous, and leaders of color, as well as our full Fellow community, as they transform communities around the world.
Echoing Green is a hybrid organization with 3 days in the office per week and based in New York, NY. Remote candidates are welcome to apply.
Programmatic Strategy and Implementation
- Execute programmatic strategy, ensuring that racial equity, anti-colonialism, and anti-otherism are centered in every aspect of the organizational development of current and alumni Fellows.
- Identify and develop leadership, well-being, and organizational capacity building partnerships – including peer organizations, academic institutions, professional service firms, or other organizations – that would be of benefit to Fellows professional, personal, and business development.
- Maintain and build relationships with key stakeholders within the social innovation and philanthropy sector to elevate Echoing Green’s presence and voice.
- Work collaboratively with the Development team on fundraising proposals and funder reports as needed.
- Track Fellows’ support interventions and manage a large volume of information related to all activities concerning Fellows.
- Work within broader program strategy and parameters to design, develop, and test curriculum, webinars, workshops, etc. to provide educational and inspirational content for Fellows.
- Participate in the development of overall individual Fellow support strategy/goal- setting; conduct research to support program design within associated budget.
- Participate in an in‐depth, multi‐month search and selection process for future Fellows; actively building the Fellows pipeline.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience using a human-centered approach to engage and build partnerships to support leaders and communities impacted by inequity and inequalities in a global context.
- Coaching and facilitation experience highly desired.
- Passion for Echoing Green’s mission and for the work of social entrepreneurs to improve life outcomes for individuals impacted by systematic inequalities.
- Strong ability to work independently, but also desire for and experience with working in high‐performing teams; ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues and trends in the social innovation and global racial equity space.
- Deep appetite for networking and relationship building.
- Comfort working in a fast‐paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines and creating and improving processes.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong facility with MS Office required; SalesForce.com, preferred
Echoing Green’s office is located in New York City, however this role can be fully remote.
Base Salary is $82,500 annually.
New York City law now requires private employers to verify that all employees (including remote employees) are fully vaccinated, unless an exemption is required based on the statutes of this law.
Investing in a better world for 35 years
- 462 Seventh Avenue, 13th Floor
- New York, New York 10018
- United States
- Phone: 212-689-1165
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.