Assistant, Global Community
|Job Category:||Administrative, Programs/Services|
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement, Human Services, Other|
About Echoing Green
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
Echoing Green supports visionary leaders who are transforming their communities by addressing challenges in focus areas related to economic development, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Since its founding, Echoing Green has provided more than $45 million in funding to 800+ Fellows who have worked in more than 86 countries and 39 U.S. states.
They’ve established a global community of emerging leaders who have launched Teach for America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Last Mile Health, Hot Bread Kitchen, Public Allies, and hundreds of others. These organizations have leveraged Echoing Green’s seed investment to raise more than $5 billion in public and private funding. Echoing Green unleashes unexpected potential by tracking down the best and the brightest leaders, bringing them together, and launching them on their path to success.
In June 2020, Echoing Green launched a $50 million Racial Equity Philanthropic Fund (REPF) and has since increased that fundraising goal to $75 million. With this fund, Echoing Green furthers a 35-year commitment to bold, strategic investments in racial equity work. Echoing Green’s Programs Team is responsible for selecting and supporting the Fellows who are selected as part of the REPF, offering funding and capacity-building for the incredible leaders working on the frontlines of racial equity and justice.
Those who work at Echoing Green have a front row seat to the brightest leaders with the most innovative ideas driving social progress across the world. They are fired up to be Fellows’ partners, their advocates, and their biggest champions.
For more information on Echoing Green, please visit www.echoinggreen.org.
The Assistant, Global Community will provide administrative support particularly focused on programmatic operations. Core to the mission of Echoing Green, the Assistant will enable the Programs team to provide predictable, transparent, and equitable support for Fellows in the U.S. and internationally by ensuring efficient and effective systems and operations. Additionally in this role, you will help us identify the next generation of promising social entrepreneurs to support.
This role reports to Deputy Director, Global Community, and is a non-exempt position that is ideal for individuals who are beginning their career journey.
Echoing Green is a hybrid organization with 3 days in the office per week and based in New York, NY.
Scheduling and Administration
- Responsible for scheduling internal and external meetings and events for the team, including but not limited to: team meetings and retreats, Fellowship Community gatherings, and webinars
- Closely monitor team-specific email inboxes and triage internal and external requests from inside and outside the organization
- Take detailed notes at team meetings, cross-team meetings (as directed) and community gatherings and share out with the required parties
- Track tasks to support accountability across the team
- Create, process, and track payment requests
- Maintain and update departmental files, documents, and procedures
- Work with the Programs team on special projects as directed
Communications, Events and Engagement
- Assist in the logistical planning and implementation of Global Community events and gatherings (including production of materials, updating systems with guest list information, coordinating usage of online platforms, and tracking and monitoring progress, drafting and sending communication for outreach).
- Provide support as directed for organizational events, gatherings, and meetings
- Support internal and external communications of the Programs team
- Participate in an in‐depth, multi‐month search and selection process for future Fellows
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Experience or aptitude for scheduling
- Exceptional use of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets)
- Experience with or interest in learning tools such as Salesforce
- Ability to take direction and execute with moderate oversight
- A “super-fan” of tools, systems, and scheduling with a deep desire for supporting the work of a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Collaborative, flexible, and well-suited to participating in an entrepreneurial, collegial environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships with staff at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Alignment with the mission and vision of Echoing Green
Base Salary: $50,000 per year.
New York City law now requires private employers to verify that all employees (including remote employees) are fully vaccinated, unless an exemption is required based on the statutes of this law.
Echoing Green offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with an employer match.
As an equal opportunity employer, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.
Investing in a better world for 35 years
- 462 Seventh Avenue, 13th Floor
- New York, New York 10018
- United States
- Phone: 212-689-1165
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.