Director of Operations and Finance
|Job Category:||Administrative, Finance, HR|
|Job Sectors:||Arts & Culture|
Dance/NYC seeks a passionate, entrepreneurial, and detail-oriented full-time Director of Operations and Finance to work with the Executive Director and build on Dance/NYC’s human resource, financial goals and increase its visibility, impact, and resources.
Dance/NYC created the role of Director of Operations and Finance Operations in response to the increase in demand for the organization’s services. The leadership and board of Dance/NYC are committed to investing in strengthening the organization’s internal infrastructure, staffing, and equitable practices in order to adequately meet the growing needs of its constituents while maintaining healthy work conditions within the organization. By investing in a Director of Operations and Finance, Dance/NYC will be building its capacity and sustainability as the organization scales to adequately support the professional dance sector.
The Director of Operations and Finance will focus on financial oversight and management of critical human resources, operations and administration duties. This new role on the organization’s leadership team will help build capacity for the Executive Director, allowing them more time to lead strategy development for the organization and manage the rapid growth of Dance/NYC’s Research & Advocacy Initiatives and Grantmaking Initiatives.
Review the complete Job Description and list of qualifications by clicking on the link below:
The Director of Operations and Finance’s primary duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Financial Management (35%)
- Human Resources Management (45%)
- IT Management (5%)
- Facilities Management (5%)
In addition, the Director of Finance and Operations will collaborate with the Executive Director and peers in the following areas:
- Organizational Learning and Priorities (5%)
- Justice, Equity and Inclusion (5%)
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Deep commitment to the values of Dance/NYC and an open-mindedness and curiosity to more deeply understand constituents served by Dance/NYC.
- Strong financial management skills, including day-to-day oversight of financial systems and ability to develop and implement short and long-term financial strategies that align with an organization’s mission and programs.
- A demonstrable record of success in managing IT systems, human resources processes; and maintaining safe and healthy work spaces.
- Experience advancing racial justice as well as equity, inclusion, and access.
- Exceptional communication skills, both speaking and writing, to be an effective partner internally to the Executive Director and other members of the organization.
- A successful track record in establishing organizational policies and procedures, and supporting staff with a transparent, collaborative, and confident leadership style.
Dance/NYC is operating as a hybrid of remote and in-person work. Because Dance/NYC only serves the five boroughs of New York City and surrounding counties of Bergen, Hudson in New Jersey State, and Rockland, Westchester, Nassau and Suffolk counties in New York State; and the City of Yonkers, Dance/NYC is only recruiting cultural workers who are based in this geographic area and able to commute to Dance/NYC’s offices and events regularly. Dance/NYC’s offices are located on the Garden Floor (ground floor) of the Mertz Gilmore Foundation, 218 East 18th Street, New York, NY 10003 in Gramercy. Access to the Garden Floor entrance includes a two-step descent. A lift to the entrance and an accessible bathroom is available onsite. Elevators are not available in the building.
- 218 East 18th Street, Ground Floor
- New York, NY 10003
- Phone: 212-966-4452
To apply for this job please visit dancenyc.submittable.com.