|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement|
Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation (CHLDC) is a multi-service, nonprofit community development organization and settlement house. We serve 11,000 residents annually, and our programs include career and education programs, college success programs, community development, community organizing, housing counseling, and youth and family services. CHLDC’s subsidiary, the Cypress Hills Child Care Corporation (CHCCC), offers child care services and supports a network of independent family day care providers. With community residents leading the way, the mission of CHLDC is to build a strong, sustainable Cypress Hills/East New York, where youth and adults achieve educational and economic success, secure affordable housing and develop leadership skills to transform their lives and community.
Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation has an opening for one (1) full-time Development Associate in the Fund Development department. This position is a non-exempt role. We seek a Development Associate to conduct a range of fundraising activities for CHLDC.
Work with team to advance the agency’s fundraising plan, including but not limited to:
- Develop program designs and proposal concepts in partnership with senior staff and program directors.
- Write government, foundation and corporate grant proposals.
- Research government and foundation funding prospects.
- Assist with individual giving appeals and donor cultivation.
- Write and coordinate appeal letters
- Coordinate annual fundraising event, including event logistics and working with team of volunteers.
- Manage College Success Partners volunteer program.
- Provide support to staff fundraising committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelors Degree in communications, urban studies, social work, or related field (Masters Degree preferred).
· 2-4 years of relevant experience.
· Excellent writing skills. This includes ability to write for different audiences and versatility across multiple platforms (i.e. newsletter or foundation proposal).
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple deadlines.
· Willingness to take initiative and think creatively as we explore new fundraising strategies and tactics.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated commitment to leadership development, community building, and community organizing as strategies for social justice and social change.
· Experience with community based organizations.
· Experience with foundation or government grant-writing and reporting.
· Experience with individual giving, crowdfunding campaigns, and/or other online fundraising activities.
· Experience using Constant Contact.
· Intermediate to advanced HTML and CSS knowledge, comfort working on the back end of websites, email systems, and other platforms to manipulate HTML/CSS code.
· Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Reports directly to Director of Fund Development and Strategic Initiatives
$45,000-$50,000, dependent upon experience. We also offer a very competitive benefits package.
Send resume, cover letter, and two (2) brief professional writing samples (1-3 pages total) to Tania Rivera, Director of Fund Development and Strategic Initiatives at: email@example.com. Cover letter should describe relevant experience and interest in this position. Writing samples should demonstrate versatility across mediums (such as, for example, a sample proposal and a sample blog or social media post or website copy).
CYPRESS HILLS LOCAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND IS COMMITTED TO WORKPLACE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation
Non-profit, community-based organization
- 625 JAMAICA AVENUE
- BROOKLYN, NY 11208
- Phone: 7186472800