|Salary Range:||$60,000- $70,000 commensurate with experience|
ABOUT CBST: Congregation Beit Simchat Torah (CBST) is a vibrant spiritual community and a progressive voice within Judaism. Founded in 1973, CBST welcomes gay men, lesbians, bisexuals, transgender, queer and straight individuals, families and friends. Passionate, provocative, and deeply Jewish, CBST champions a Judaism that rejoices in diversity, denounces social injustice wherever it exists, and strives for human rights for all people. Our congregation benefits from clergy, and rabbinical and cantorial interns from the Reconstructionist, Conservative and Reform Movements of Judaism. Our administrative staff and lay leaders bring a diversity of backgrounds, expertise and experience to the community. Together, we take pride in our work and in the strong community, we continue to build.
ABOUT THE POSITION: We are seeking a Development Associate who works under the direction of the Director of Development as a cornerstone of efficiency for our back-office development work, with tasks ranging from administrative support toleading and implementing complex projects toimprove our infrastructure and organizational practices. Theprimary role of the individual is to implement the development department’s operations including: processing donations and pledges; preparing solicitation and acknowledgement letters; maintaining the integrity of our database and contribution/payment records; collaborating with the accounting staff; generating reports and analyses; handling phone, email mail and in-person communications; coordinating meetings and the like. The ideal candidate will excel at developing andmaintaining systems, and providing information, tools and assistance to enhance the organization’s development efforts.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: (include but not limited to):
- Fundraising Campaigns: Assist with preparation, implementation and follow-up for fundraising,including High Holy Days, special projects and events, year-end and other campaigns and eventssuch as our annual music concerts.
- Data Integrity Assurance: Participate as a key staff person supporting the integrity of ourdatabase NPSP the non-profit version of Salesforce. You will be auditing data entry for errors,update contact and additional information in donor database; coordinate as needed withaccounting staff, including monthly statements, acknowledgments and annual tax receipt letters.Liaison with our external vendor in creating needed modifications and exploring new solutions toimprove our operation.
- Process Pledges and Donations: Organize and track pledges and donations, ensuring correctand timely entries in database for online, USPS mail, phoned-in and in-person commitments.Prepare online registration/donation forms. Prepare and disseminate timely solicitation,acknowledgment, and third-party notifications email and hard copy.
- Donor Analyses: Provide prospect background and giving reports via internet and other research.Assist with identifying grant opportunities collaborating with program staff. Track applications andenforce deadlines.
- Additional Support: Respond to supporters and prospects; maintain departmental records; assistwith logistics for prospect and donor appreciation events.
Minimum Qualifications: 3-5 years previous experience in non-profit donor development services.
- Exceptional computer skills: advanced capability working with Excel; high level experiencewith donor database systems experience with Salesforce required; CBST provides training onthe specifics of our database; Microsoft Suite is essential.
- Comfort with and sensitivity to a community of diverse sexual orientations and genderidentities and religious beliefs.
- Exceptional computer skills: advanced capability working with Excel; high-level experience with donordatabase systems; experience with NPSP/Salesforce needed for the right candidate, CBST providestraining on the specifics of our database; Word, Excel and Outlook essential.
- Organized, systems thinker with impeccable attention to detail detailed-oriented, self-motivated/constructive attitude; reliable; prompt; honest; sense of humor.
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral. Able to respond appropriately toauthority, donors, vendors, clergy and staff at all levels with tact and grace under pressure, inchallenging and confidential situations.
- Collaborative: able to learn and absorb instructions while offering innovative suggestions; able toadmit and learn from mistakes; willing to pitch in when colleagues need assistance and to ask for helpwhen needed.
- Time management: able to address priorities while not losing sight of other responsibilities
- Comfort with and sensitivity to a community of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities
- Knowledge of the culture, traditions, and customs of Judaism; Hebrew knowledge a plus
Salary: $60-$70k commensurate with experience
Full Time Position: Hybrid environment. Will consider fully remote.
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available including parental leave.
CBST is an Equal Opportunity Employer it celebrates diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. CBST does not discriminate based on race color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexuality or gender identity, status as a veteran, or disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Candidates who identify as LGBTQ+, BIPOC, are strongly encouraged.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and include DEV. ASSOC. in subject line email: [email protected]
Congregation Beit Simchat Torah
- 130 W 30th St.
- New York, NY 10001-0154
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com