About the Position:
Civic Builders seeks a Development Manager to steward the growth of its supporter and funder network in order to fulfill its nonprofit mission of removing real estate as a barrier to an excellent education. Working directly with Civic Builders’ Director of Strategy, this individual will support the design and implementation of a comprehensive external relations strategy and multi-year fundraising strategy. This work will establish a strong pipeline of partners, including both institutional and individual donors.
Candidates interested in this role should demonstrate the following competencies and have the ability to fulfill the described responsibilities:
● Develop a keen understanding of Civic Builders’ work and mission in order to identify and research potential prospective funders and funding opportunities in order to match opportunities with Civic’s work and funding needs.
● Design various fundraising campaigns throughout the year, and collaborate with program and communications teammates to implement these campaigns for engagement with the existing and prospective donor base.
● Develop and maintain grants and PRIs via compelling applications and reports.
● Steward, support, and track Board and vendor philanthropic activity and develop strong relationships with the Board of Directors.
● Maintain donor records, donation acknowledgment letters, and databases.
● Support Civic Builders’ program teams to achieve objectives, including support on ad hoc events, presentations, and promotional activities.
● Develop a deep understanding of the NYC and national public charter school sector and identify tactics to grow the market presence of Civic Builders.
● Become a Civic Builders expert and brand ambassador.
● Develop a deep knowledge of our story, core activities, and approaches to achieve our mission, in order to tell that story to bring funders and partners to the organization.
● Recommend new fundraising approaches to support the mission of Civic Builders.
● You have at least 7 years of fundraising experience in a fast-paced nonprofit fundraising environment.
● You are a compelling storyteller, both verbally and through developed collateral. You can take an idea and appropriately translate for different audiences.
● You have strong presentation skills and are expert at developing materials in platforms such as PowerPoint, Canva, Adobe Suite, and comparable systems.
● You are comfortable with donor data management platforms, prospect research platforms, and other tools digital tools to support fundraising efforts.
● You have the ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders, both internal leadership and external stakeholders, while also leading projects and relationships independently.
● You have excellent time-management skills and have demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and competing priorities to meet deadlines.
● You are an entrepreneurial professional with a passion for Civic Builders’ mission of ensuring all children have access to a high-quality public education.
About Civic Builders:
Civic Builders is the nation’s leading nonprofit charter school lender and developer, bringing high-quality educational opportunities to under-resourced communities through the development of public charter schools. Since 2002, the organization has supported the growth of 70 schools that educate more than 35,000 students annually.
Civic Builders partners with philanthropists and capital providers to design and manage affordable, new financing and development solutions for high-quality schools. By addressing the full spectrum of facilities and financing challenges public charter schools face, partner school leaders can focus on the important work of educating students. As a nonprofit organization with two decades of experience providing affordable and sustainable real estate and lending solutions to high-performing public charter schools, Civic Builders’ portfolio represents $1.1 billion invested into economically distressed communities to ensure all students have access to safe, positive, and student-centered learning environments.
Location and Travel:
Civic Builders is located in New York, NY. Our work environment is hybrid, and local employees are expected to work in the office two days per week for team collaboration.
● Please note: Since we care so greatly about our employees’ well-being, Civic Builders is committed to an environment where our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As a prospective new team member, you must be fully vaccinated with a CDC/FDA approved COVID-19 shot(s) to work in our offices. If you are selected to interview for this role, we will explain our vaccination policy in further detail and ensure you are comfortable moving forward with this company policy.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary Range: $95,000 – $105,000
We want you to be well and thrive. Our benefits package includes:
● Healthcare insurance plans including medical, dental, and vision, flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings accounts (HSA)
● 401K retirement plan (Roth and traditional) including an employer match
● Short-term & long-term disability insurances
● Group term life insurance
● Commuter benefits program
● 12 weeks paid parental/family leave
● Paid time off including holidays, vacation and sick days
● Learning and development resources and reimbursement
● Social and educational outings
● Cell phone plan reimbursement and equipment replacement
● Home office setup
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Civic Builders believes that diversity, in all its forms, enriches society and our organization. Because we support students in the highest-need neighborhoods, we have a particular charge to understand our schools and their communities. When our staff, board, and partners reflect, value and embrace the voices and perspectives of those most impacted by what we do, we have a deeper understanding and connection to their needs and more effectively achieve our aspiration of improving lives, revitalizing communities, and helping children receive the education they deserve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Civic Builders is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Civic Builders provides employees with a safe and welcoming environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Please submit your resume for consideration to [email protected] and be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org