Senior Development and Board Relations Associate
New York’s leading fiscal watchdog and source for unbiased, impactful research on New York City and New York State government finances, policy, and operations seeks a dynamic and energetic Senior Development Associate (“Senior Associate”) to manage, grow, and diversify its Board of Trustees. The Senior Associate will be an accomplished professional with development and event planning experience and superior attention to detail and organizational skills.
Reporting to the Citizens Budget Commission’s (CBC’s) President, the Senior Associate manages communications and relations with 150 Board members and collaborates with CBC’s Development Consultant in Board recruitment, retention, and fundraising activities. The Senior Associate also manages CBC’s Annual Dinner for approximately 600 people, including logistics, vendor relations, and activities to achieve fundraising goals.
- Recruiting and retaining board members and New Leaders, CBC’s early career professional group; includes strategically planning and executing new initiatives
- Managing communications with the Board of Trustees and key stakeholders
- Conducting research on individuals and firms to identify potential Trustees
- Tracking prospect cultivation activities
- Soliciting, collecting, and tracking all contributions, including membership dues from the Board of Trustees
- At least 4 years of development experience in nonprofit, civic, or policy organizations
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, or similar platform
- Collaborative team spirit with capability to work independently
- Interest in and knowledge of New York City/State government, public policy, and the policy and business community preferred
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously
To Apply: Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to: [email protected].
Please put “Senior Development and Board Relations Associate” in the subject line of your email and include a resume and cover letter if applying.
CITIZENS BUDGET COMMISSION INC
- 240 West 35th Street, Suite 302
- New York, NY 10001,
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org