Development and Operations Associate
All applications MUST include a cover letter.
The Citizens Budget Commission (CBC), New York’s leading fiscal watchdog and source for unbiased, impactful research on New York City and New York State government finances, policy, and operations seeks a Development and Operations Associate.
The Development and Operations Associate will support the CBC’s development team with Board relations, board recruitment, and event planning and management. The Associate also will support CBC’s office daily operations, staff communications, and basic fiscal operations.
- Assist in Trustee relations and prospect research
- Assist with fundraising and Board recruitment
- Work with executive team and board development consultant to plan and execute external events including monthly breakfasts and the Annual Awards Dinner
- Assist in maintaining donor database/CRM
- Regularly update and maintain paper and digital materials and files
- Schedule, coordinate, and attend as requested, meetings, events, and conference calls for executive staff and trustees
- Office Management including greeting guests, ordering supplies, answering phones, and relations with building management
- Communicate with accountant, including tracking revenues and billing
- Coordinate schedule of CBC President
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years administrative, development, or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Must work well as part of a team while being responsible for own portfolio
- Must be extremely well-organized, and detail and production oriented
- Political/public policy background related to New York government is a plus
- Must be adept at using a computer with skills in MS Office/Word/Excel/Zoom. Knowledge of donor database and/or CRM programs (e.g., Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce) is a plus
How to Apply: Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Citizens Budget Commission
- 240 West 35th Street
- New York, NY 10001
- United States
- Phone: 212-279-2605