Director of Human Resources and Administration
The Center for Court Innovation is a non-profit organization that works to create an effective and humane justice system by performing original research and helping launch reforms around the world. The Center creates operating projects that have been documented to reduce the use of jail and prison, assist victims of crime, and strengthen communities.
The Center is seeking a Director of Human Resources and Administration. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Director will lead the day to day Human Resource functions including recruitment, orientation, on-boarding, personnel inquiries, concerns and investigations and HR policies and procedures. Additionally, the Director will oversee the administration of our more than 20 different locations and build systems to support cross-agency functions and services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop new HR concepts & standards;
- Anticipate future HR & employment trends;
- Design and oversee various HR and Administrative systems;
- Develop performance management strategies and implement annual year-end review process; manage performance issues and conversations on an ongoing basis;
- Counsel and advise staff and leadership on human resource related topics such as performance management and interpersonal conflicts;
- Manage and grow a team of HR and administrative professionals to support the needs of the organization;
- Develop, manage, and implement personnel policies;
- Work with the People and Culture Department to support diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and staff training;
- Interpret, communicate and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws;
- Be a champion for culture development, developing organization values and leading efforts to strengthen a warm, inclusive and creative culture;
- Facilitate team building and conflict resolution at all levels of the agency;
- Determine recruitment, hiring, retention, and salary structure processes with a lens of equity and diversity;
- Oversee and implement best practices re: onboarding of new employees;
- Work with administrative team on ensuring safe, well-supplied and designed office spaces;
- Oversee administrative management, standards and best practices across several dozen project site and office facilities including acquisition and buildout, office maintenance and repairs, office and administrative systems and technology, and emergency preparedness protocols.
- Other relevant duties, as assigned.
- Excellent analytical skills, good reasoning abilities, and sound judgment;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality as needed throughout all work performed;
- Experience in team building at all levels of an organization with diverse backgrounds/experience;
- Background in organizational development and structure, diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Superior interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, and coaching skills including patience, warmth and ability to work well with staff at all levels;
- Capable of supervising support staff and setting and enforcing deadlines;
- Comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities;
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to build inter-departmental and inter-agency relationships;
- Effectively interface with all levels of the organization to coordinate and supervise all people-related and office management activities;
- Very strong diagnostics/assessment and action planning capability.
- HR certification (SHRM-SCP or SPHR) or equivalent experience;
- Experience managing remote teams and building multi-city teams;
- Knowledge of office build out requirements.
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years human resources related experience;
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, benefits administration, organizational planning, employee relations;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Demonstrated skills in counseling and conflict resolution;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully participate on management team that provides leadership and strategic direction;
- Solid problem solving and time management skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Highly organized.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package including comprehensive health, dental and life insurance, four weeks paid vacation, paid sick time, TransitChek, Flexible Spending Account plans for health and dependent care, a 403(b) retirement plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match.
Deadline to Apply: March 5, 2021
Please click link to apply.
Center for Court Innovation
To apply for this job please visit centerforcourtinnovation.applytojob.com.