Executive Director, Catskill Fly Fishing Center & Museum
Livingston Manor, NY
The Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum is a 501c3 non-proﬁt organization dedicated to preserving the heritage of ﬂy ﬁshing in the Catskills and educating the next generation of anglers and conservationists. Situated on the banks of the famed Willowemoc, the birthplace of American dry ﬂy ﬁshing, the museum and its 50 acres of grounds provide a vibrant cultural hub with a global reach.
The CFFCM is poised to leverage its resources and collections to expand its scope and impact not only in the world of ﬂy ﬁshing but as a vital resource bringing educational programs about ﬂy ﬁshing, conservation and wellness to a broader audience.
In order to build this next chapter for the CFFCM, the board of trustees is seeking a new executive director. A candidate should possess the experience, skills, and ambition to develop and execute a sophisticated strategic plan, one that enhances the institution’s ﬁnancial resources and programmatic impact while ensuring the continuity of its current offerings.
● Ability to develop and manage an organizational level strategic plan to ensure that programing, fundraising and messaging communicate and stay focused and consistent with the diverse membership as well as the future goals.
● Institutional fundraising experience and demonstrated ability to cultivate and solicit major gifts, grants and sponsorships.
● Ability to develop, execute and grow a diversiﬁed annual fundraising program inclusive of membership, direct marketing, leadership giving, events, grants, sponsorships, etc.
● Motivation to drive change and achieve results.
● Ability to work with the CFFCM team to develop and lead programming for the organization.
● Strong communications skills needed to manage a highly motivated staff and to partner with a diverse and talented board.
● Educational, conservation, and/or non-proﬁt program experience is a plus.
● Demonstrated ability to create and build partnerships between organizations sharing a related mission and values.
● Familiarity with the NYC philanthropic community is a plus.
● Background or interest in ﬂy ﬁshing.
● Could live around NYC (or elsewhere) and come up to the Catskills 1-2 days/week if necessary/useful
● Max $70-$100K base compensation based on experience
● Opportunity for signiﬁcant additional compensation via performance-based bonus structure
● Additional Beneﬁts
· Part-time housing
· Health insurance
· Additional Benefits
● Network would be nice but not a requirement
● Willingness and ability to “hit the bricks” engage the regional community comprehensively and the national community tactically
● Location secondary to ability to do the job
● Expectation of tangible results in 9-12 months with deﬁnitive change within 24 months
Interview Goals / Questions:
● What is one example of a successful strategic initiative that you developed or were a signiﬁcant part of creating.
● What is something that you think we could be doing differently? (understanding that this may be off the cuff – the goal being to see “how they think” not if they have the right idea)
● How will you be able to ensure transparency and engagement with the staff and the board of trustees?
Please send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] by May 1, 2022.
Note – resumes submitted without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum
The Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum is a 501c3 non-proﬁt
- 1031 Old Route 17
- Livingston Manor, New York (United States) 12758
- United States
- Phone: 9144903052