Senior Grant Writer, Strategic Partnerships- Development Unit
|Job Category:||Administrative, Executive, Finance|
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement, Other|
Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Position: Senior Grant Writer
Reports To: Director of Grants
Location: Remote work available with flexibility required to conduct occasional in-person funder meetings or site visits at locations in all five boroughs of New York City
What the Senior Grant Writer Does:
- Manage a portfolio of public and private grants including writing, preparation and submission of all grant proposals, letters of intent, reports and other written materials
- Identify and research government and private sources of funding within the portfolio and as requested for other programs by the SVP
- Write, edit, and proofread funding proposals to obtain funds for on-going or new programs and for special projects
- Interact with funders as needed
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of government contracting requirements and budgeting
- Prepare, coordinate, assemble, and/or deliver private funding proposals, government grant applications and renewals for submission
- Interact and communicate with senior management, program level staff, the DARE team (Data Analysis, Research & Evaluation) and government/ foundation representatives during the proposal design, development and implementation phases to ensure agreement with goals and objectives, scope, feasibility, and program funding needs.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- B.A. or graduate degree
- Minimum 5 years grant writing
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook. Spreadsheet and database knowledge
- Outstanding English verbal, writing and editing skills
- Ability to analyze and present data in a compelling manner
- Superior professional presentation and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the basic tenets of fundraising and the workings of a foundation and/or government fundraising operation. Experience in a foundation setting or large non-profit organization a plus
- Experience in preparing budgets and financial reports
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Reputation for energy, initiative, intellect, flexibility and talent as a team player
- Ability to balance big-picture thinking with attention to detail
To apply, please email resume to [email protected] or visit https://camba.org/career/senior-grant-writer-strategic-partnerships-development-unit/.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com