The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of Brooklyn For Peace. Key duties include fundraising, publicity, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Chair and Co-Vice Chairs.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily operations of the organization, providing executive direction of all programs
- Work with committees of the active members to develop and implement activities which promote BFP’s mission, including annual benefit and additional fundraising events
- Identify and implement staffing (or volunteer) requirements for efficient operations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with organizations which are working towards systemic change in line with BFP mission
- Oversee all external communication materials including website, marketing materials, newsletters, press releases, and social media content
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Skills and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Commitment to BFP’s mission of peace and social justice.
- Strong public relations, marketing, and active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community. A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- 2 or more years’ management experience in a nonprofit or other progressive organization.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- Ability to work with young adults and diverse communities.
- Ability to communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrate flexibility, enthusiastic ability to oversee and collaborate with staff and volunteers. Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range: $75-85,000
Benefits: Contribution to basic medical benefits; 3 weeks paid vacation; generous holiday, personal days, and sick leave;
Brooklyn For Peace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ethnicity, national origin, religion, or disability.
How to apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample by emaill to [email protected]
Application deadline: December 31, 2021.
Anticipated start: February 1, 2022
Brooklyn For Peace
Working in Brooklyn since 1984 to eliminate war
- 388 Atlantic Avenue
- Brooklyn, New York 11217
- United States
- Phone: 718-344-9913