Director of Facilities
|Job Sectors:||Human Services|
The Director of Facilities reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for providing overall direction and oversight of Maintenance and Facilities. Ensure that the departments’ systems, procedures and policies are handled consistently to reduce inefficiencies and to coordinate workflow, providing a clear focus for day-to-day operations.
· Oversee maintenance and repairs at 14 sites at BCS (approximately 220,000 square feet.) Insure that timely, quality, and cost effective work is done through maintenance workers and/or contractors.
· Supervise Maintenance Supervisor, Administrative Assistant and some maintenance staff.
· Partner with offsite program leadership in the oversight of the maintenance team assigned to various programs.
· Coordinate training for maintenance staff and insure that unit’s skills are enhanced and maintained to a level necessary to meet goals, objectives, and standards.
· Communicate and maintain relations with landlords and property managers.
· Supervise renovations as required.
· Monitor facility budgets and prepare reports as directed by the CFO.
· Manage purchasing of merchandise through Web Portal Software and prepare reports as required. Supervise processing of purchase invoices for payment of vendors.
· Develop appropriate forms and programs for field inspections and maintenance in order to monitor the physical conditions for all BCS sites.
· Perform and coordinate quarterly site inspections of all modalities. Prepare and distribute reports to appropriate managers, advising them of findings and taking steps to implement corrective action.
· Manage and direct the Transportation Unit insuring that the transportation needs of the agency are being met. Monitor vehicle repairs and vehicle leases and all license requirements.
· Act as the contact person with security alarm companies and insure the systems and equipment are properly maintained and performing as intended at all times.
· Implement contingency plans and maintain communications with staff at all levels in cases of emergency during and after working hours.
· Conduct departmental investigations and recommend procedures to prevent recurrence of safety violations. Prepare corrective action plan and execute accordingly. Submit all corrective action plans to agencies as requested by NYC Department of Buildings for property violations. Address FDNY violations if and where application with corrective action plan and execute accordingly.
· Maintain a Fire Safety Director (“FSD”) licensure. As FSD, is responsible for all fire drill logs, in-service for fire safety teams’ on new FDNY rules and regulations. As FSD, must comply with FDNY regulations on drills and fire prevention equipment maintenance.
· Spearhead and coordinate efforts to insure the effective execution of preventive maintenance, spring and winter preparation, and energy efficiency activities.
· Contract management on services performed by vendors in all field locations (HVAC, sprinkler testing, elevator category 1 testing, FDNY central stations, etc.). Sign-off on invoicing for services rendered. Develop mechanism to secure feedback from internal customers on all maintenance work done. In addition, use information to improve decisions and modify procedures.
· Communication field liaison for all waste management companies. Order, maintain, and distribute janitorial supplies, insuring modalities receive their supplies timely. Maintain effective, accurate records of receipt and disbursement. Maintain appropriate re-order points. Prepare and report on inventory including inventory use patterns, trends, etc.
· Manage capital equipment acquisition and vendor issues.
· Other duties as assigned.
· BA/BS in Non-Profit Management, Planning, Property Management or relevant field.
· Valid NYS Driver’s license.
· Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience including supervision and managing staff; non-profit experience is a plus.
· Substantial experience with Facilities.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required, including project management, conceptual and presentation skills.
· Must be a strategic and critical thinker with leadership and negotiating skills.
· Highly organized and attentive to details; must be able to absorb, process and retain information quickly and accurately.
· Exceptional time management, organization and follow-through; flexibility and ability to work independently and take initiative; extremely strong organizational skills
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
· 23 vacation days and 12 sick days annually
· Health insurance with very low monthly contributions
· Dental and vision insurance
· 403(B) retirement plan
· Life insurance 100% paid by employer
· Pre-tax commuter benefits
How to apply: Click the link included in the job description to apply to this job.
Brooklyn Community Services
- 151 Lawrence Street
- Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Phone: 7183105600
To apply for this job please visit wearebcs.clearcompany.com.