Chief Strategy Officer
|Job Sectors:||Human Services|
The Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) will serve as a critical member of the executive management team. In collaboration with the CEO and Chief Operating Officer (COO), the CSO will articulate and implement the strategic plan, build new partnerships to grow and sustain the organization, develop and manage special pilot projects and serve in a high profile role representing BCS.
· Work with the Executive Team, senior staff and their teams, to facilitate the implementation of the agency’s strategic plan;
· Help the CEO to develop relationships and local and regional partnerships to support BCS programmatic efforts;
· Expand BCS fundraising efforts in partnership with BCS Board and CEO in line with the strategic plan and ;
· Develop, and oversee management and growth of pilot projects including coordinating partners and managing staff, working closely with BCS staff to set, track and achieve goals and work to build and develop staff skills;
· Coordinate with the CEO and COO on the development of new programs and pilot projects and on integrating successful pilots into program departments as needed;
· Deploy resources efficiently and effectively toward organizational goals, working with staff to balance workload and provide regular feedback to staff so they can continuously improve their supervision, coaching and mentoring skills;
· In collaboration with “The New Team” (COO, DCOO, CHRO, and CSO) foster an agency-wide team-based environment to motivate and inspire staff to work collaboratively toward vision and goals;
· Consult with team leaders to analyze and strengthen team performance utilizing best practice methods and providing opportunity for skills development;
· Coordinate with the COO and CHRO to identify and create leadership and professional development opportunities for BCS staff;
· Support fund development efforts through the promotion and execution of BCS’s fundraising efforts, proposal writing and partnering with the CEO to steward funding relationships;
· Act as liaison to one or more Board of Director’s Committee and assist CEO with Board management as needed;
· Play an active role in strengthening and maintaining the management and governance culture and practices that reflect the organization’s core values;
· Monitor emerging needs and interests among key stakeholders such as clients, government, philanthropy, and employers;
· Represent BCS at external events including meetings, panels, as well as fundraising and advocacy engagements;
· Supervise staff as assigned;
· Participate in agency wide groups and meetings as required; and
· Other tasks as may be required.
· A minimum of eight years leadership experience in a nonprofit working on growth, business development, strategy, planning and related issues required.
· Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in Business/Public Administration or Industrial/Organization Development or a related field is strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated experience managing a high performing team in a multi-tiered structure to include professional development and mentorship.
· Comprehensive understanding of the field, application and practice of Industrial/Organization Development;
· Comprehensive working knowledge of organizational planning, budgeting, administrative operations and fundraising.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and compile complex data for planning purposes.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to represent the organization externally across a wide range of stakeholders and constituencies.
· Strong relationship builder with the ability to find common ground, build consensus and strengthen collaboration among diverse stakeholders.
· Strong community awareness and astuteness.
· Ability to successfully navigate in a fast-paced, outcomes driven and entrepreneurial environment.
· Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, inclusiveness and empowerment.
How to apply:
Email cover letter and resume to:
In subject line write: Chief Strategy Officer
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
· 23 vacation days and 12 sick days annually
· Health insurance with very low monthly contributions
· Dental and vision insurance
· 403(B) retirement plan
· Life insurance 100% paid by employer
· Pre-tax commuter benefits
Brooklyn Community Services
- 151 Lawrence Street
- Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Phone: 7183105600