|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement, Human Services|
Location: 300 Willoughby Avenue, 11205
Hours: Full-time 9am- 5pm Some Evenings are required.
Salary: $42,000 (Bachelor’s) – $51,000 (MSW)
Brooklyn Community Services is one of Brooklyn’s first and largest non-sectarian social services agencies. BCS, which presently serves more than 10,000 individuals annually, is committed to a broad and diverse range of services including education and child care; services to strengthen families; and services to foster self-sufficiency for adults.
Brooklyn High School for Leadership and Community Service is a small, academically rigorous, full-time New York City Department of Education Transfer School designed to re-engage high school students who are over-age and under-credited or have dropped out of high school. BCS is directly responsible for the administration of the school’s Learning-to-Work Program, which enhances the school’s academic component by offering additional academic support, career and education exploration, work preparation, skills development, and internships.
- Provide academic planning and case management services for a caseload of 40 + students, including Seniors/Juniors participating in the College Bound Program.
- Provide weekly individual and daily group counseling, including facilitating an Advisory/College Bound Group five days per week.
- Supervise a group of students who act as College Peer Mentors to younger students and attend regular Peer Mentor trainings to support youth.
- Assist youth in attending school regularly by identifying obstacles, connecting students with resources and conducting attendance outreach including home visits.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed, including mediation support.
- Provide family outreach and conduct parent/guardian meetings as appropriate.
- Provide counseling and support services to families with the intent of improving communication between family members and students to ensure they have support they need to function at optimal levels.
- Facilitate College/FAFSA Workshops to parents through the PTA.
- Document all work and keep case records on all students on caseload as required.
- Attend DOE Parent-Teacher conferences, School Leadership meetings, Parent Teacher Association meetings and Out of town College Trips in accordance with DOE school calendar.
- Provide assistance with College application process
- Bachelor’s degree required; MSW degree preferred
- Experience and demonstrated case management support in working with youth and families required, Prior experience in a school setting preferred; Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills;
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based and/or youth development perspective;
- College preparatory experience required;
- Willingness to be creative and work as an integral part of a team;
- Fingerprinting and criminal background check required.
- BCS and Turning Point require that all employees entering the workplace be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an exemption is granted as a medical or religious accommodation.
Brooklyn Community Services
Brooklyn For All
- 151 Lawrence Street
- Brooklyn, NY 11201
- United States
- Phone: 7183105600
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com