Director of Impact Growth
About the Foundation
Brooklyn Community Foundation (BCF) is the first and only public foundation solely dedicated to New York City’s largest borough. We are on a mission to spark lasting social change, mobilizing people, capital, and expertise for a fair and just Brooklyn. Since our founding in 2009, Brooklyn Community Foundation has provided over $75 million in grants to more than 300 nonprofits through our Community Fund and Donor Advised Fund program. The Foundation is committed to racial justice and to challenging systemic racism through all aspects of our grant-making, advocacy, operations, and governance. Visit www.BrooklynCommunityFoundation.org for more information.
The Director of Impact Growth will build and execute an asset development plan that increases BCF’s assets and advances relationships with new and existing fundholders, prospects, and professional advisors, with the ultimate goal of increasing BCF’s ability to successfully implement its leadership initiatives. In particular, the Director of Impact Growth oversees the expansion of BCF’s donor advised fund program and leads the effort to increase corporate and foundation funding to BCF. The Director of Impact Growth manages a team consisting of the Donor Services Manager, Donor Services Coordinator, and any new positions created to grow this work.
This is a full-time, Exempt position based in Brooklyn and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Director of Impact Growth will be responsible for the execution of all tasks associated with the work below, including:
· Donor-advised fund program oversight, management, relationship management, and customer service
· Initiatives to grow the donor advised fund portfolio, including through professional advisor and board referrals
· Initiatives to grow corporate and foundation funding
· Initiatives to deepen financial engagement of existing donor advised fund fundholders
· Data management related to donor advised fund fundholders, prospects, and professional advisors
· Workflow for establishing and onboarding a new donor advised fund, engaging the fundholders over time, and involving the fundholders in BCF’s leadership initiatives
· Protocol for capturing prospects, professional advisors, and donor engagement in Salesforce, including collaborating with colleagues across BCF to ensure that practices are consistent
Expand BCF’s asset base:
· Attracting new donors to BCF and getting them started on a path toward impact and engagement with BCF’s leadership work.
· Deepening the engagement of existing donor advised fund fundholders so that more fundholders are personally and financially involved in BCF’s leadership work.
· Securing new sources of financial support for BCF’s leadership work, evidenced by growth in corporate and foundation funding for key initiatives.
· Prospecting for and building relationships with City/State Agencies to secure possible funding opportunities.
Collaborate with BCF colleagues:
· Marketing and brand-building efforts that drive new donors to BCF and result in the establishment of new donor advised funds.
· Marketing efforts that support relationship-building activities with attorneys, accountants, and financial advisors (“professional advisors”) to generate referrals of new donor-advised funds.
· Donor engagement efforts that help move existing fundholders from “transactional” fundholders to “impact” fundholders who are engaged in BCF’s leadership initiatives.
Abilities and Competencies
· High level of personal and professional integrity; discretion in working with confidential information
· Keen attention to detail and organizational skills
· Ability to apply creative problem solving and troubleshoot challenges as they arise
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a broad range of constituents
· Familiarity with nonprofits, including grant-making organizations, charitable giving funds, and/or fiscal sponsorships
● Ten or more years of leadership experience building productive relationships with high net-worth individuals and families, whether in a foundation setting or in the legal or wealth management industry
● Experience with and knowledge of giving tools and related tax rules, especially related to donor advised funds
● Experience or deep familiarity with community foundations is preferred but not required
● Management experience and successful leadership of a team to achieve specific goals
● Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
● Bachelor’s Degree required
Salary range: $110,000-125,000 annually
Email a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com (no reference letters or phone calls please!) listing Director of Impact Growth in the subject line.
Brooklyn Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In alignment with its Racial Justice Lens, the Foundation is committed to maintaining a staff that diversifies philanthropy, including lifting up the leadership of people from communities historically underrepresented in the field and those directly affected by structural racism, centering them in decision-making. Additionally, the Foundation does not base any hiring decisions on an applicant’s history of involvement in the criminal justice system.
Brooklyn Community Foundation
- Brookyln, New York 11238
- United States
To apply for this job please visit brooklyncommunityfoundation.org.