Programs, Grants & Community Engagement Coordinator
|Job Sectors:||Arts & Culture|
Reports to: Innovation, Grants and Partnerships Director
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
We offer comprehensive benefits including employer contribution to health, dental and vision insurance; pre-tax flexible savings accounts for commuter, medical & dependent care; paid vacation and personal time off; Summer Fridays and a professional development stipend.
Location: Hybrid work schedule with a minimum of 3 scheduled days a week in our office space in DUMBO (20 Jay Street, New York, 11201) with additional in-person requirements as needed.
About Brooklyn Arts Council:
Celebrating more than 50 years of service, historically Brooklyn Arts Council (BAC) is the borough’s leading nonprofit organization supporting artists and cultural groups in all disciplines. BAC is committed to serving the arts ecosystem through grants, professional development, cultural heritage programming, and arts education provided via distance learning. By creating and supporting cultural events and platforms for Brooklynites, BAC provides forums for critical thinking and self-expression, enriches Brooklyn’s cultural landscape, and generates experiences that expand horizons.
Brooklyn Arts Council strives to a foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where our employees and volunteers – whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or ability – feel valued and respected.
We are committed to being a nondiscriminatory organization that provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement in our programs and at our worksites. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages, and work to ensure that all voices are valued and heard. We are committed to modeling diversity and inclusion for the arts community in Brooklyn, and to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
Brooklyn Arts Council prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic
information, disability, or veteran status.
The Programs, Grants & Community Engagement Coordinator supports Brooklyn Arts Council’s cornerstone public programs including the Brooklyn Innovation Institute; the Community Arts Grants & Creative Equation Fund regrant programs, as well as other artist services and initiatives that aim to enrich the cultural life of the borough by making resources – public funds, training, networks and professional development opportunities more available to Brooklyn’s artists and arts organizations.
The Programs, Grants & Community Engagement Coordinator is a driven creative administrator with superior attention to detail and a high level of communication, project management, customer service and administration skills. This is a public-facing position that requires being responsive to the needs of multiple stakeholders; artists and community members; a passion for supporting artists and organizations and an understanding of cultural equity, community building and the responsibilities of utilizing and distributing public funds.
Experience of working in event production; database management and English as a second language would be desirable.
The Programs Coordinator will report to the Grants & Artist Engagement Manager but work closely with all members of the Programs and Services team and collaborate with BAC staff, program interns, and volunteers, as applicable.
• Work closely with the Grants and Artist Engagement Manager to coordinate the administration for regrant programs application & panel processes including liaison with applicants; technical assistance and information session prep; application draft and eligibility reviews; panelist recruitment and panel preparation.
• Work closely with the Grants and Artist Engagement Manager on aspects of regranting scope, including grantee communications and engagement; providing resources and advice to grantees, attending grantee events.
• Work closely with the Programs & Cultural Heritage Manager to support the development and implementation of programs, from ideation to production contributing to research, content creation and liaising with presenters.
• Act as outreach and engagement liaison with community partners, organizations, and artists
• Co-ordinate web and content production, including branding assets and closed captioning for digital delivery and online programs via Zoom Streamyard, Hopin, Instagram and Facebook Live.
• Collaborating with the Operations Director and BAC’s bookkeeping partner ArtsPool to ensure timely payments for program participants and grantees.
• Contribute to the development and execution of special projects that integrate artists and grantees and support the mission of the organization as required.
• Participate in organization wide activities and initiatives.
• Other duties as required.
Send a resume and cover letter, explaining your interest in this position and how your skills and experience meet the requirements for this position.
Please send as a single PDF file to [email protected] with “Programs, Grants & Community Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line.
Closing date for receiving applications 5pm Tuesday 22 August.
Brooklyn Arts Council