Operations & Executive Coordinator
|Job Sectors:||Arts & Culture|
Reports to: Operations Director
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
We offer comprehensive benefits including employer contribution to health, dental and vision insurance; pre-tax flexible savings accounts for commuter, medical & dependent care; paid vacation and personal time off; Summer Fridays and a professional development stipend.
Location: Hybrid work schedule with a minimum of 3 scheduled days a week in our office space in DUMBO, with additional in person requirements as required.
About Brooklyn Arts Council:
Celebrating more than 50 years of service, historically Brooklyn Arts Council (BAC) is the borough’s leading nonprofit organization supporting artists and cultural groups in all disciplines. BAC is committed to serving the arts ecosystem through grants, professional development, cultural heritage programming, and arts education provided via distance learning. By creating and supporting cultural events and platforms for Brooklynites, BAC provides forums for critical thinking and self-expression, enriches Brooklyn’s cultural landscape, and generates experiences that expand horizons.
Brooklyn Arts Council strives to a foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where our employees and volunteers – whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or ability – feel valued and respected.
We are committed to being a nondiscriminatory organization that provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement in our programs and at our worksites. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages, and work to ensure that all voices are valued and heard. We are committed to modeling diversity and inclusion for the arts community in Brooklyn, and to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
Brooklyn Arts Council prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
The Operations & Executive Coordinator supports the administrative, technology, facility and people & culture functions of the organization. Reporting to the Operations Director, this is a key role that will work across all areas of the organization to ensure that Brooklyn Arts Council is fully operational and compliant in order to successfully deliver on mission & vision.
We are looking for someone with experience and an interest in developing new systems and processes, and solving problems to streamline operations and achieve efficiency and with a solid understanding of a range of technology, software & databases, including Asana, Salesforce, MS Outlook.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized; efficient; detail orientated; proactive, collaborative and curious.
Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate and organize priorities and projects across all areas of the organization is an important part of this position. Some experience / interest in financial management and people & culture functions is desirable as there is opportunity for professional development in these areas.
This is a new role at Brooklyn Arts Council and an exciting opportunity for an organized and efficient problem solver who is interested in supporting the operations and development of small organizations & non-profits.
Technology & Systems
• Work with IT Consultant to support of all areas of org IT, including being the IT liaison for staff for day-to-day tech & systems troubleshooting and needs.
• Support the management of organization equipment & assets and take responsibility for asset tracking & annual equipment inventory.
• Take responsibility for org wide systems & software being used – including leading on a systems audit & maintaining software contracts.
• Consistently identify, assess and evaluate how technology is being used across the whole organization to streamline operations and achieve operational efficiencies.
• Support the Operations Director and our finance & workforce partner ArtsPool with financial administration including tracking invoices and financial records and act as a liaison between staff and ArtsPool where required.
• Support the annual audit process including gathering documentation.
• Management of all accounts & subscriptions
• Support organization compliance including ensuring insurance, grant tracking & reporting and document retention is all in place and up to date.
People and Culture:
• Support the Operations Director with hiring & onboarding duties; professional development & staff training and learning & development.
• Support the development of organization culture & values.
• Act as office manager for our 20 Jay Street office including managing supplies, mail, alarm and phone system.
• Act as the primary liaison with contractors, including the building management and cleaning company.
Executive Support & Governance
• Offer executive function for the leadership team (4-5 department Directors, including the Executive Director) managing scheduling, meetings and agendas as required and facilitate weekly All Hands staff meetings and quarterly staff retreats.
• Support the Executive Director and leadership team in preparing for board meetings including scheduling, preparing reports and agendas, supporting tech and facilitating and note-taking meetings.
Send a resume and cover letter, explaining your interest in this position and how your skills and experience meet the requirements for this position.
Please send as a single PDF file to [email protected] with “Operations & Executive Coordinator” in the subject line.
Closing date for receiving applications 5pm Tuesday 22 August.
Brooklyn Arts Council
- 20 Jay Street, 616
- New York, New York 11201
- United States of America