Office Manager & Administrative Coordinator
The Bowdoin College Investments office, located in midtown New York City, is responsible for managing the College’s $2.7 billion endowment which supports a substantial portion of the College’s spending. The Investments team is seeking a dynamic Office Manager & Administrative Coordinator to work in the New York City office in executing the important behind-the-scenes administrative functions that keep the office functioning efficiently. The Office Manager & Administrative Coordinator is an integral team member serving as a liaison between the team in New York City and the Operations team in Maine.
- Pay: $30.00 – $38.00/hour based on experience
- Bonus Potential
- Monday to Friday – 37.5 hour work week – 7.5 hours per day, with some limited overtime as needed
- Some opportunity for Hybrid work
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Additional details about our benefits package can be viewed online –https://www.bowdoin.edu/hr/benefits-perks/index.html
Office Management –
- Provide professional telephone and office reception.
- Maintain office, including requests for repairs and maintenance of office equipment and building issues.
- Serve as primary liaison between New York and Maine Operations Office.
- Monitor office supplies and order as necessary.
- Maintain and update contacts.
- Write and maintain procedures for office tasks.
- Maintain calendar and scheduling for the Investments team.
- Assist with expense management and travel reimbursement.
- Coordinate travel options and arrangements, including air travel, hotel reservations, and ground travel.
- Communicate with specific managers as well as create mail merges for large scale communications.
- Prepare documents for mailings: including formatting, copying, binding and distribution.
The ideal candidate will be self-directed professional and willing to step in to do whatever might need to be done to support this small office, with a strong sense of teamwork. The ability to move from one priority to another, completing simple tasks like ordering supplies, to more complex tasks such as compiling materials for board presentations, to providing exceptional customer service either on the phone or in person, is required. This position must be able to respect confidentiality and understand the importance of discretion regarding sensitive information. Strong organizational skills and the willingness to pitch in to perform duties that arise in a small office where keeping track of deadlines, follow-up, reliability, and courtesy are most important in this role.
High school diploma required, a college degree is preferred.
Prior demonstrated experience with administrative duties to include phones, calendaring, correspondence, processing expenses, and proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required. An aptitude for other computer software is strongly preferred. Candidates must be professional and comfortable working in an office that deals with finance and numbers, understanding the need for accuracy and organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
The Office Manager & Administrative Coordinator will work in the New York City Office located at 410 Park Ave. The hours for this position are from Monday to Friday – 37.5 hour work week – 7.5 hours per day, with some limited overtime as needed, a one half hour lunch period, and a need for flexibility to be in earlier or stay later on occasion.
This position may be able to work a hybrid (some days in the office and some days at home) schedule but will require the flexibility to be in the office on any day of the week as needed.
- 410 Park Ave.
- New York, New York
To apply for this job please visit careers.bowdoin.edu.