|Job Category:||Administrative, Finance|
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement, Health, Human Services, Other|
|Salary Range:||70,000 - 78,000|
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the candidate would support the financial management of Black Health by maintaining all financial accounts and records.
- Responsible for organization’s Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Grant Management – preparation of billing/vouchering/invoicing for all grants/contracts; ensure compliance with all government requirements.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Perform monthly analytical review of Balance Sheet and P&L accounts.
- Audit and upload bi-weekly payroll entries to General Ledger
- Assist Accounting Manager with audit schedules, financial statement preparation and annual tax return (Form 990).
- Prepare annual 1099’s.
- Other tasks as assigned by Accounting Manager.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. 3+ years of experience.
- Proven experience in day-to-day nonprofit accounting/finance.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working effectively across all teams within an organization.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent judgement and a high level of professionalism and discretion, especially in handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Highly collaborative, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
The salary for this position is within the range of $70,000 – $78,000 per year.
Black Health oﬀers accrual of up to 4 weeks per year PTO, 7 sick days. Seventy percent of employer-provided coverage for medical benefits, not including dental and vision. (Which will change at the onset of open enrollment.). Employee Assistance Program, 100% Employer Paid Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts, 403b Retirement Plan, tuition reimbursement.
This is a full-time exempt position based in New York, NY. Some travel will be required. Candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required. Additional evening and weekend hours are occasionally required to fulﬁll the duties of this position. Relocation is not available for this role. Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship at this time.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter in a single file through the resume submit button and complete all application questions. Applications will be considered as they are received or until the position is filled.
Black Health (NBLCH)
- 215 W 125th Street, 2nd Floor,
- New York, NY 10027
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gusto.com.